WC 3 & 4 Sound/Video Problem

RyanFialcowitz

Swabbie
Banned
A while back I decided to play through these games again and noticed that in Wing Commander III the sound and video would skip and usually not in the same spots. This was with The Kilrathi Saga version. I tested this the most with the first conversation between Blair and Hobbes. On a hunch I installed Wing Commande IV and the Win95 patch for it and it seemed like the same problem was occuring. I contacted EA tech support and despite a valiant try, no dice. I gave up and moved on. But recently I have decided to try again. I attempted to lower sound acceleration in dxdiag with no results. Lowering hardware acceleration in system properties seemed to help a little bit, but not much. If anyone knows anything I would be greatfull. I will most likely play them through anyway but it would be nice to see the wonderful cinematics at their best. Both games have worked in the past. Although the system has been upgraded, the sound card and I think the video card have not changed. As far as I know sound and video drivers are up to date, but I am fairly certain support for both has been discontinued. Thanks.

System Specs:
450 mghz Intel III
640 mb RAM(Or there abouts.)
Sound Blaster AWE 32
Diamond Monster Fusion
Windows 98 Second Edition

Back