Warning: Controversial Issue! You have been warned...

Heh heh :cool:

I'm just so cool, ya know? I can handle the title :cool:

Maniac- it's not just a callsign, it's a way of life.

"It's how I live, it's how I fly."

YEAH, BABY!!

Originally posted by mpanty
And what does Blair say about people like Maniac? :p

Yeah, well where's Blair now?

Remember this quote from the Maniac from WC4:

"You can fly by the regs grow old, like someone I know, and maybe get yourself a nice gold watch. OR, you could push the envelope, bring a little style to the 'stick... and make yourself a name ;) . The choice is yours...,"

Words of wisdom :cool:

What exactly is it that you do in the Air Force Col.Dom? Fly C-5s? Load bombs? Base entertainment? :p

As for Blair, remember Spirit's last words?

HAHAHA!! Liked the C-5 stab :p

No, I'm just a lowly maintenance production manager who got here by listening to the tales woven by my local recruiter. I hope I never see that man again. "It's easier to get a commission when you're already enlisted," my @$$....

As for what Spirit said, I don't quite recall... please refresh my memory :)

Originally posted by Col.Dom

As for what Spirit said, I don't quite recall... please refresh my memory :)
"Tengoku de omachishi te imasu"... I will wait for you in Heaven.

HAHAHA!!

No, I'm just a lowly maintenance production manager who got here by listening to the tales woven by my local recruiter. I hope I never see that man again. "It's easier to get a commission when you're already enlisted," my @$$....

hey, wanna take out a hit on him, could'nt cost THAT much....

oh yeah, what does a lowly maintrnance production manager do and how much does a lowly maintrnance production manager earn?

Well, first off, let me rephrase what I said about the recruiter:

"I hope he never sees me again," as in- I'll do the hit myself!

Well, a maintenance production manager schedules all special inspections and maintenance that is required for the aircraft within your squadron. You also have to deal with acquiring parts that need to be changed out (called Tim Change Items). You schedule training dates, washes and weapons work. Also, you must keep track of aircraft transfers and hours flown. We get to tell crew chiefs what to do too :D We are the "behind the scenes," maintenance personnel. We decide what gets done for the day. And there are lots of meetings....

It's a huge job and it blows. You sit on your butt for 9-12 hours a day, staring at Microsoft Excel and Access products. Boo.

Anybody who reads this- if you are serious about making a military career never enlist. No matter what you hear, go to school first (join a campus ROTC if they have it) and get a commission.

On my pay, as an A1C I fall under the "E-3," pay and allowances category. As a single airman, living in the dorms and eating at the chow hall, I make, after all taxes, $1229.98 a month. When I first joined, I was E-1, which is around $900.00 and then E-2, which is about $1007.00.

Officers make much much more!

Well, first off, let me rephrase what I said about the recruiter:

"I hope he never sees me again," as in- I'll do the hit myself!

Well, a maintenance production manager schedules all special inspections and maintenance that is required for the aircraft within your squadron. You also have to deal with acquiring parts that need to be changed out (called Tim Change Items). You schedule training dates, washes and weapons work. Also, you must keep track of aircraft transfers and hours flown. We get to tell crew chiefs what to do too :D We are the "behind the scenes," maintenance personnel. We decide what gets done for the day. And there are lots of meetings....

It's a huge job and it blows. You sit on your butt for 9-12 hours a day, staring at Microsoft Excel and Access products. Boo.

Anybody who reads this- if you are serious about making a military career never enlist. No matter what you hear, go to school first (join a campus ROTC if they have it) and get a commission.

On my pay, as an A1C I fall under the "E-3," pay and allowances category. As a single airman, living in the dorms and eating at the chow hall, I make, after all taxes, $1229.98 a month. When I first joined, I was E-1, which is around $900.00 and then E-2, which is about $1007.00.

Officers make much much more!

Well, look on the bright side - without you, all the officers would be dead :p

Back