War stories...

Nohbody

Spaceman
Anybody got any good ones? I've only got one really good one. I was playing WC III a couple of years ago and I was out on a mission obviously. Now forgive my ignorance but it has been a long time but I arrived at a NAV point that was crawling with the Kilrathi ship that was even weaker than a Dralthi. I can't remember the name. My apologies but I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. Anyway...after I had dispatched a few of the "fighters", I was lining up my next kill. He was trying to make it hard for me to hit him by coming in fast and high. He strafed me before peeling off and sending his "fighter" spiraling downward. Before I know it, another "fighter" (unseen by me until now) was trying to do the same thing but was coming in low. They crashed together right in front of me. It was one of the coolest Wing Commander moments for me.

I was playing WCP and I had just shot up the Ray and it span outta control and hit one of the Remora's. That was cool.

------------------
And I was stupid enough to think that us brotha's had to stick togetha. :p

I once was on the tail of a Vindicator in one of those planet missions in WC4, and the poor guy just crushed into the ground! I think he also managed to eject. Anyway, it was funny to watch, you don't really know how close you are to the ground till you hit it
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Dralthis and Vaktohs coliding with each other in WC3 all the time. And sometimes even the Dragons in WC4.
smile.gif

My short story is this:

I was coming back from one of the planetary missions in WC3, and when I'm almost near the Victory a wing of Dralthis appears out of nowhere. I'm almost out of AB fuel, out of missiles, and with some heavy damage. So I use my remaining fuel to make some quick passes around the Ajax, Coventry, and the Sheffield. The damned cats folowed me in and got riped to shreads by the turret fire. All 5 Dralthis were dead in less than 15 seconds.
smile.gif

Well, in SecretOps, I was being chased by a pissed-off DevilRay, and I headed towards the Cerberus for her turret fire. The DevilRay got wasted, and then suddenly the huge plasma cannon of the Cerberus loomed in front of me, and fired at another enemy right behind me, wasting me faster than... than... well you know. That was the moment from when I never flew under the Cerberus during a battle ever again. Dumbass turret gunner...
smile.gif

------------------
- Arnav 'Dexter' Manchanda
http://jupiterhq.tripod.com

Anybody else fly inside a carrier during WC III? That's always fun. Do those ships on the flight deck count towards your kills? Just wondering.

My war story.
In WCP I've chased Moray on T-Shark. I've just deminished her aft shield and missile alarm sounded in my cockpit. I've dumped two decoys and executed short side deviation turn. Missile lock was dropped, and I was tryed to line myself on that Moray again. And... by my surprise, missile (that targeted me once) came frome behind-low and impacted on that poor Moray. Moray was destroyed! That was very cool. And me... I don't scored a kill. (fair game!).

------------------
Mikhail "Black Joker" Babloyan

Wing Commander in Russia

Thats what rock about the WC Universe is that the AI is so damn true to life

------------------
And I was stupid enough to think that us brotha's had to stick togetha. :p

The "elite" BL pilots crashing their Dragons into each other is always a good one, especially when youre flying, say, a Banshee and are outnumbered three to one. My favorite was when I was attacking Thrak and Hobbes, and lured them into a headon at full burner.
biggrin2.gif

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

About making enemy ships crashing, i was playng SO, fighting the bugs in an asteroid field and happened to remember something from WC1 ( or was it WC2? )...a story that someone tells Blair that(i think) Iceman did.
smile.gif

The story that when he had a kilrathi on his tail, he runned in to an asteroid, just to get out into the last second to see the cat crash, then i thought, lets try this... got a moray chasing me, and did that. pretty cool!!
smile.gif
I think it makes even cooler is that Casey is supposed to be Iceman's son, kind of something that learned from iceman's story...
smile.gif

Sometimes, i use this tactics when i'm in a bomber against a capship and got a fighter chasing me, maybe a crazy idea, fly towards an enemy capship turret fire with an enemy in chasing you, just to get away in the last second, but it works for me...
smile.gif

------------------
Only a complete fool is absolutely sure about what he says
Are you absolutely sure about this?
Yes, i am...i mean...do'h

Oh, and Nohbody, if you are interested in war stories, i think there is a big tready about this... check the older posts...

------------------
Only a complete fool is absolutely sure about what he says
Are you absolutely sure about this?
Yes, i am...i mean...do'h

This happened to me a few days ago:
I was chaising a Dralthi in an asteroid field, and when I hit him he suddenly darted away, only to crash into one of the asteroids. That was cool.
smile.gif

Back