Wait until bugs are fixed??

gavinfoxx

Rear Admiral
So I kinda want to delay until bugs are fixed...

You know, to get the full / best experience.

Any idea when the worst of the bugs will be fixed? What release date for a patched/updated version are you shooting for? Thanks!

Well...we can't give a date...because we don't know. In a little bit Pete and I are going to start testing some stuff. And probably every night for the rest of the week...and part of the weekend.

We will do our best to get it resolved ASAP.

Also, we're really sorry about all this... we were aware of the crash bug and made the conscious decision to release in spite of it, but I've been pretty stunned by the number of other things that slipped past.

We used to be much better than that :(. But then again, Standoff used to be smaller and less complex - playtesting it has gotten harder with every episode, and I think we simply didn't have enough testers this time round. Dundradal and Starkey worked pretty damn hard (...most of the time :p), and even so...

Well, I must admit that bug has one positive aspect about it....

I'm really getting good in the last mission after repeating it so many times :)

Also, we're really sorry about all this... we were aware of the crash bug and made the conscious decision to release in spite of it, but I've been pretty stunned by the number of other things that slipped past.

We used to be much better than that :(. But then again, Standoff used to be smaller and less complex - playtesting it has gotten harder with every episode, and I think we simply didn't have enough testers this time round. Dundradal and Starkey worked pretty damn hard (...most of the time :p), and even so...

Most?!?! Most?!?! :p

Bah...my only problem is that I don't actually own my testing machine...it's my neighbor's and he seemed to need it every time I really, really, really needed it.

But Quarto is right, Standoff has become very complex. There are some many variables to check for (especially on the losing path), that it can be very daunting to check them all under all conditions.

As for the other things, we are again limited by what the testers possess. We were only able to test for the OpenGL Intel chipset bugs because I happen to have a POS laptop with an Intel chipset.

And yeah next time...Starkey and I need more assistants.... :D

As awesome as Standoff is, it's pretty clear there will NOT be a 2...

Ofcourse there will be one, right after they integrated the multiplayer functions into the sim. :cool:

Dundradal had time but no testing machine.

I had two testing machines but no free time :(

I´m on vacation now and Dund has his machine working so we´ll get those bugs hunted down :D

Back