vweps in vegastrike

MamiyaOtaru

Spaceman
Small update, eye candy excuse.

Vegastrike, as you may know, can use vweps. ie the guns on your ship look like the should. If you have lasers, you will see lasers in the external view. If you have plasma, you'll see plasma. Same with the other ships.

Scheherezade has come up with some great models for the privateer weapons. Attached is a pic of an orion mounting a couple tachyons flying past Perry Naval Base.

Thinkgs are moving along towards a privateer remake, itself a small stepping stone on the way to WCU. Of course, anyone that feels like he has something to contribute (textures? heh) is always welcome.

Orion: me
Perry: Bob McDob
Tachyons: Scheherezade (can't really see the detail in that pic but they are exquisite)

Attachments

• privateer.jpg
    privateer.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 155
Very, very nicely done - I should note that the Perry was a collaborative effort between LVXOCCVLTA and myself.

BTW, if you want the new Paradigm model, come on AIM and I'll send it.

Looking at that pic, I have several things to say.

Perry lokos really nice, so do the weapons. The Orion model itself looks good, but IMO, the textures could use some work.

Oh... Missed that, sorry. Unfortuntately, I'm not a texturer. But, like I said, the model looks nice in and of itself.

No problem, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like the model. It is my first and I've enjoyed working on it, making several levels of detail (LOD) and positioning the mounts and such. Unfortunately texturing doesn't come quite as easy. It's something I'd like to learn before I go off and make a bunch more models.. there are too many untextured models around.

so todo: make a real texture or have one donated (wish) and add some blinkenlights :)

This shot is of a Galaxy sporting Mass Drivers. The texture on the galaxy is better than the orion (wasn't me that did it) but the lighting doesn't show it too well. That's ok though, this pic is about the guns. *drool*

Attachments

• galaxy.jpg
    galaxy.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 87
  • massdrivers.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 81
Mamiya, I might be able to take a stab at a texture for the Orion. Email me the model (any format) and texture, and I just might be able to slap something together.

I could probably add some blinkenlights too, just tell me where you want them and what color.

peteyg att u dott washington dott edu

the guns did come out a little big in that shot, but it didn't bother me cause you can see them better. It's an easy fix though. It's a matter of editing a text file and changing xyscale="1" zscale="1" to xyscale=".6" zscale=".6" or something.

peteyG: Since it's mostly made up of various solid colors I didn't worry about the mapping very much so it's a bit of a jumbled mess right now. I'll should probably remap it first (unless you are skilled and inclined to do that too).

Than…AWESOME! :D
I can’t wait to see someone make a WC game with your engine
and maybe with some of Day’s video clips. That would be SO COOL. :cool: :D

GReat looking pics.
Now please tell me something, what do I need to play with those pretty ships? are those in the regular version of VStrike? or are they in a mod?

They are not in the regular version of Vegastrike, but will appear in a mod or mods. Currently not really available, though I am overdue to get them into the SVN repository.. If anyone wants to try them out as is (not really tweaked yet) send me a PM

Edfilho said:
GReat looking pics.
Now please tell me something, what do I need to play with those pretty ships? are those in the regular version of VStrike? or are they in a mod?

You can expect some Privateer goodness shortly.

Back