Voice acting project

hurleybird

Rear Admiral
I'm looking for people to join in a voice acting project to redo the current voices in the remake.

At the same time as improving the quality of the voice acting in the remake, we will also be replacing some of the 'riped' copyrighted material that is in the remake, which may help to put EA at ease in case of a conflict.

Anyone who is interested try at least three of the lines below, keeping in mind to try to stick as close to the original, and E-mail the samples to me at hurleybird 'at' gmail.com

Here are the lines.

"No contraband detected, you may proceed."

"Heathen, taste the purifying fire of the Lord!"

"Drop your cargo before you blow, will ya?"

"Just a passing merchant don't get nervous."

"Primate, cower before the claws of a warrior!"

"Let me know if you hit trouble in my quad."

"Killing you will put me in the black, flyboy"

After we are done the in-flight voices we will start working on the campaign voices.

hmm do i still considered as a voice actor? ask Hellcatv. He has all the voice i did for the russian proletariate ;) i guess they are in game already ;) so the russian pilots have my voices. If i can be of any assistence to the further voice acting, i'm yours ;)

charlieg said:
What about redoing the pseudo-video images that accompany the lines?

I think it would be a good goal to eventually replace any content which was taken from the original game.

Cyberion said:
hmm do i still considered as a voice actor? ask Hellcatv. He has all the voice i did for the russian proletariate ;) i guess they are in game already ;) so the russian pilots have my voices. If i can be of any assistence to the further voice acting, i'm yours ;)

Yes, any help would be appreciated. Forgive my ignorance, but what is the russian proletariate?

hell i know ;) Some russian pilots and colonies in the game, who think that proletarieate will rise ;) You better ask hellcatv, i never asked him such question ;)

Btw, it maybe would be pertinent to get some kind of commitment from voice actors when it comes to doing the campaign voices. It would be a bit poor for the voice of a character to change mid-campaign as one actor takes over from another!

charlieg said:
Btw, it maybe would be pertinent to get some kind of commitment from voice actors when it comes to doing the campaign voices. It would be a bit poor for the voice of a character to change mid-campaign as one actor takes over from another!

Yes, we will need to have only one voice actor for each role. Fiding people for some of the roles could be difficult as well.

hurleybird said:
I think it would be a good goal to eventually replace any content which was taken from the original game.
That content is there for a reason - to invoke nostalgia and remember the "good old times". In HellcatV's words, this especially applies to the comm images.

Why replace the comms at all; there's plenty of new stuff to work on.

JKeefe said:
That content is there for a reason - to invoke nostalgia and remember the "good old times". In HellcatV's words, this especially applies to the comm images.

Why replace the comms at all; there's plenty of new stuff to work on.

Well, the way I see it is its better to use less content actually created by origin/EA for obvious legal reason. secoundly, the sound effects in the game are were recorded 11 years ago, and are now out of date. Lastly, if one didnt want to use new audio, nobody would make them. Just use the files that came with the original 1.0 release.

If we get some good talented people to help out, I dont see why we couldn't create superior content to that of the original, while still keeping at fairley close to the original at the same time.

Back