Video Cameras

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
Hello there aspring film-makers. Does anyone know of a good video camera (under 100 dollars, most likely used that I could find on eBay perhaps) with nice features and editing capabilities? Thanks for anyone who can help. I lost my video camera years ago with no trace of it's wherabouts, and am looking for a replacement. However I am looking for an above average camera. Again, thanks for any help.

I hate to say it but the nicer digital video editing software comes for Apple only. I've used it a few times when I wasn't in front of an AVID and was impressed with it. It's the only software for Macs I recommend outside of MacJesus and Mormonoids From The Deep.

Originally posted by TC
an above average camera for under $100?

Well an *older* above average camera. I mean as long as it has stuff like manual zoom and the like.

I hate to say it but the nicer digital video editing software comes for Apple only. I've used it a few times when I wasn't in front of an AVID and was impressed with it. It's the only software for Macs I recommend outside of MacJesus and Mormonoids From The Deep.

What the heck you smokin Leha?

Anyway a good video camera for editing of course would be D8 (digital 8) or Mini DV (Digital Video) camera because they both include the firewire interface which gives you speeds of 400mbs going from the camera to the computer. Cheapest for new Mini DV is around $600, but i'm sure you could find a good used one on ebay or halfprice for alot cheaper. I don't know if you know this stuff but here are some differences between D8 and Mini DV:
D8 - usually better manual zoom (20x and up) - that's pretty much it
Mini DV - offers 50 more lines of resolution compared to D8, really only noticeable on larger size TV's - Professional Mini DV cameras (which are around $2000 dollars and up) offer a three CCD lens, which is three lenses, one for red, one for blue, and one for green which gives it a much better picture quality.
Editing software - Adobe Premiere and Photoshop are two of the best video editing software available to the public.

Um, yeah, OK. You know something there. I only worked at a film editing suite for several months on an AVID 1000 Non-linear editor.

Back