Vesuvius Models?

Well, you could try asking Wildcat... I'm fairly sure that he's got a model, but I am not sure if he's around right now. He might still be absent. The other thing you could of course do is download 3D Exploration, download Thomas' patch for it, extract the SO model, and use 3D Exploration to convert it to a 3DS file.

Thank you for the reply, I was wondering if you could point to Thomas's website for the patch to the viewer and a place to d/l SO

Thank you
Icetiger

Midway Turrets 25 lasers
Midway Missile Turrets 6
Midway fighter Compliment 265
6 lancer torps to destroy
Duel Lauch bays to prevent fly in Destroy
Duel Flight hangars shielded with close bay door to add for prevention of fly in destroy
More that 50 pilots on board.
Phase shields that can block all laser shot except Plasma.

Now do you want me to add The Vesuvius

Vesuvius Turrets 12
Vesuvius Missle Turrets None
Vesuvius fight compliment Approx Half amount of Midway class
2 torps to destroy in Wc4
WCP destroy:Unknown(but ill try it he he he)
Fly in hangar Bay Open all the way through the hull of Carrier Can be destroyed By fly in assault
30 pilots on board(not bad at all)
Shields Stats unavailble:

But i do have to Addmit this is a pretty tough carrier but its not as good as the midway.

Well I am downloading the SO but that 100+ meg file is brutal on my dial up :p In the meantime I have begun working on my own model. BTW if you were wondering why I was doing this, I am hoping to bring WC ships into the best game engine I have ever seen for space and that is battle cruiser millenium www.bc3000ad.com
It just went gold today and is a heck of a game, but has HUGE potential as a Wing Commander Universe (and I mean HUGE potential) You could Launch a Hellcat off of a Vesuvius class ship (assuming you model these ships) Fly it down to a planet, get out , walk around with your standard pilot weapon which can be changed to fit wing commander universe, and fly back up at your leasure and take back control of the capital ship.
Well to much to list but if anyone else would like to help in the endeavor to bring Wing Commander ships, vehicles, weapons there let me know!

Thank you for the help :)

Hmm... the WCP plugin isnt working for my 3d explorer. Thus I cannot view models in .Iff format... Anyone previously have this problem and know a work around? Also a request if someone would be willing leave a post here to convert the models into a format (anything other than .iff basically :p) for me to view.
Thanks!

Hmm... I don't know why it wouldn't work... even if you're using a demo version of 3D Exploration, you should still be able to view them.
I'd convert it for you myself, but my 3D Exploration trial period has expired, so all I can do is view files - can't save.

Just the stats, maam.

Vesuvius class Heavy Carrier
Length: 1,600 m
Mass: 250,000 tonnes
Y/P/S: 6/6/6 dps
Max. Speed: 150 kps
Cru. Speed: 100 kps
Weapons -
(14) Anti-Matter Gun
(16) Single Mass-Driver Turret
(24) Dual-Laser Turret
(2) Torpedo Tube
Crew: 7,800
Jump Capable: Yes
Fighter Compliment: 400 (4 wings)
Shields: Phase
Armor: 4,000 cm each
Ships-
- TCS Vesuvius (CV-70)
- TCS Mt. St. Helens (CV-71)
- TCS McKinley
- TCS Fuji
- TCS Kilauea
- TCS Rainier
- TCS Eisen

Midway class Heavy Carrier
Length: 1,830 m
Mass: 200,000 tonnes
Y/P/S: 5/5/5 dps
Max. Speed: 80 kps
Accel: 45 k/s^2
Weapons -
(25) Dual-Laser Turret
(?) Medium Ion Cannons
(6) IR-Missile Turret
(6) Training Missile Launchers
(1) Capital Ship Plasma Cannon (Midway only)
Crew: 7,000 (inc. 1,500 member MEU & 120 member Science Division)
Jump Capable: Yes
Fighter Compliment: 252 (3 wings)
Shuttles: 25
Shields: Phase
Armor: 2,000 cm each
Ships-
- TCS Midway (CVX-1)
- TCS Mistral Sea (CVX-2)
- TCS Tafanda Bey (CVX-3)
- TCS Coral Sea (CVX-4)
- TCS Jutland (CVX-5)
- TCS Ptoloman's Rift (CVX-6)
- TCS Enyo III (CVX-7)
- TCS Bataan (CVX-8)
- TCS Tripoli (CVX-9)
- TCS Port Broughton (CVX-10)

Well here is what I did with the file... I put the prophecy plugin in the plugins folder. It evens lists iff as a viewable file... But when I open an IFF file it says unrecognized... Any thoughts?

PS-( My ineptitude only goes so far as the graphics of the ships I actually am quite good at the GBS II system that the BCM engine uses to change variables :p)

Hmm... which IFF are you opening? There's a ship iff (wc3carrier, IIRC), which wouldn't work because it's just a bunch of stats. And then there's ccarrier.iff, which is the actual mesh (minus the components like the bridge and such).

Back