vesuvius class

what happened to each vesuvius i know at least 1-2 are still operational but happened to the rest werent there like 5-6 i know the vesuvius was destroyed but what happened to the mt saint helens

Could it be possible that the TCS Vesuvius was NOT destroyed, merely significantly damaged by the flashpak. After all, on the losing streak Tolwyn is on the bridge of the Vesuvius. Perhaps after a lot of downtime it has been refitted and repaired.

Perhaps the hull was strong enough to survive. After all, Pliers DID say it was some tough armour...

Not implausible, but there are problems with my theory.

Ok here we go:
TCS Vesuvius: Destroyed by Col. Christopher Blair during BL affair
TCS St. Helens: Destroyed by Nephilim forces in SO
TCS McKinley: Active Service, first mentioned in SO
TCS Eisen (probbably a vesuvius): Active, Mentioned in Prophesy

No other known Vesuvii

so no one thinks its plausible that the Vesuvius was refitted after the flashpak?

It still would be cheaper than building a new carrier from scratch!

perhaps when it was refitted (if it was) it was re-named after the recently decesed admiral William Eisen, perhaps confed wanted to remove any connection to tolwyn

Originally posted by Napoleon
Ok here we go:
TCS Vesuvius: Destroyed by Col. Christopher Blair during BL affair
TCS St. Helens: Destroyed by Nephilim forces in SO
TCS McKinley: Active Service, first mentioned in SO
TCS Eisen (probbably a vesuvius): Active, Mentioned in Prophesy

No other known Vesuvii

I know there has been a lot of arguing about this theme and I do not want to stir up old arguments but one question:
If we take for granted that the Eisen is a Vesuvius class, how do we know that it is the St.Helens that is destroyed in SOPS? Couldn't it be the Eisen or the McKinley? Have we any source that tells us that it is the St.Helens?

... because Tolwyn was born on Mt. Vesuvius? Get thee to a dumb-theoryery.

As for that being the MSH -- the 'script' for the 3D movie scene in WCSO identifies her as the MSH (it's in the episode -- you can view it with a text editor, I believe).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
... because Tolwyn was born on Mt. Vesuvius? Get thee to a dumb-theoryery.

As for that being the MSH -- the 'script' for the 3D movie scene in WCSO identifies her as the MSH (it's in the episode -- you can view it with a text editor, I believe).
WHAT, I AM CONFUSED. LOAF, what I was saying was that the TCS Vesuvius was tolwyn's flagship so maybe after he turned out to be a traitor they desided to rename her the Eisen

There's no connotation in name between Tolwyn and Vesuvius, though... I mean, The Project had the Lexington as its flagship earlier, and it ended up as a memorial!

Heh... I could imagine the amount of time it would take to refit Tolwyn's Vesuvius after Blair Flashpacks it... I mean, you'd only have to build a whole new ship. The inside and outsides would be scorched and burned, and generally unusable. It's almost like digesting food, and then trying to put it back together again.

Not really, flash packs were designed to KILL the crew, not to fully destroy the ship, I have seen the wreck of a Vesuvius by torpedo the hangar and by using the flash pack, it does not get as much damaged as by using torpedos on it.

The flashpak superheats a ships hull until the atmosphere ignites -- killing the crew *and* detonating missile stores, loaded fighters, fuel lines, etc.

Ja, read your WCIV novel... (G) (You can also leech it in the game, and you'll get a different video sequence afterwards...).

Back