Vesuvious(SP?) Ships

Knight

Spaceman
Well, here's some clairification for those who were wondering how many Ves classes were left in service. I clipped this from the opening scenes in SO when I was playing it today.

shot0000.jpg

There's two there, and they're not the fake ones like I posted last time
tongue.gif
smile.gif
These are from the CGi cutscenes. and BTW, my guess is one's the Eisen and the other's the St Helens.

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

[This message has been edited by Knight (edited July 19, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, that only shows that there are two at that location. There may very well be more. It does however support the idea that Confed did not stop making the Vesuvius class after the first 2 ships that we saw in WCIV.

Shane said:
Actually, that only shows that there are two at that location. There may very well be more. It does however support the idea that Confed did not stop making the Vesuvius class after the first 2 ships that we saw in WCIV.

I know it only shows two. I said some clarification. I didn't say full clarification. I know there's more.

And LOAF, if one's the McKinley, then wouldn't that have one assuming the other's the Eisen, since it would've arrived only before the Midway, if not at the same time, since it too, had some battle damage (though certainly not as severe) like the Midway? I forgot about the McKinley. Only names I could remember were the St. Helens and the Eisen.
frown.gif
I keep forgetting all the details
smile.gif

------------------

Sorry, but if it was the Eisen, then it would be accompanied by the rest of its strike group. I'll have to take another look at that cutscene, but personally I reckon it's the St. Helens, and as LOAF already said, the McKinley.

Well, also clearly visible were 2 Plunketts, and a couple of Pelicans if I'm not mistaken (not sure, this could've been in another cutscene, I made it clear to Kreiger before I stopped.) But I do remember the 2 Plunketts and another ship or two.

------------------

All right, ye little scamp, what the heck is going on here? Knight, I had another look at the SO intro, and I didn't see a single Vesuvius.
In the scene where depicted on your screenshot, all I see are two Pelican transports and a few other ships fluttering past. The funny thing about those Pelican transports is that they're positioned exactly the same way that those two Vesuvii of yours. Hmm...
wink.gif

All in all, I might just kill you now.

Uh...hehe...guys...hehe.....Um.....uh....that's not an entirely true picture
smile.gif
I forgot that my SO Ship editor still have the ves and the pelicans switched. Actually, I remembered it, but I didn't think it would've affected the cutscenes. You can delete this post now. Sorry
smile.gif

------------------

What's got me is that LOAF didn't catch it
smile.gif
Was yesterday one of your off days LOAF?
smile.gif

------------------

Hey, I'm surprised I didn't catch it right off. I mean, why in hell would two Vesuvii be that close together?
smile.gif

...Just ye wait, though!
biggrin.gif

Ptth, I'm suffering at 14.4, I didn't even load the image -- I assumed that when you said "they're not fake" that you'd actually found something.

i saw it right away....but i've been replaying SO recently

ps

it's a cool img though
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Twister (edited July 20, 2000).]

Back