Vendetta Online

U

Unregistered

I found this while I was looking for Privateer. There are a few similarities and there are major differences. The constant... it is the most fun I've had since Privateer. To all you lost and wandering players of Privateer... come to Vendetta, come home.

Chances are, you'll find some old friends.

http://www.vendetta-online.com

Vendetta

Morning all,
I thought I`d give this "Vendetta" a look, and was most disappointed, not
in the Game but!, in the "SEtup" for it,

"Try this for free, if your interested joinup and play as a Member" or something like that".

In reality you go thru` all the "Crap" to download there special download
system and Installation Wizard, then the "Game Insert" to try it only to be
told you pay up first, "Give me your Credit Card Numbers"!!.

This type of setup is what strips peoples Bank Accounts and Computors!.
Nobody gets my "Credit Card Numbers" over the Internet!.
'No Prices," "No Paypal," just give me your numbers!

Very shakey indeed!.
No Thanks.

Privateer13.

This type of setup is what strips peoples Bank Accounts and Computors!.
Nobody gets my "Credit Card Numbers" over the Internet!.
'No Prices," "No Paypal," just give me your numbers!

Very shakey indeed!.

That sounds like a questionable marketing practice, but not a scam. The game has been operational for quite a while and has many paying players.

It's not internet companies that cause people to have their card numbers stolen, it's people not knowing who to give their card number to. It's easier to have your identity stolen by shopping around at small time local retailers than going with reputable online companies.

Finally, I don't think you did it right... http://www.vendetta-online.com/ Right in the center graphic there it says "FREE TRIAL, NO CREDIT CARD REQUIRED."

I played the BETA of this before it was out, and it was pretty neat but I found the ship designs and artwork a little lacking, and some of the game concepts had trouble in their implementation. HOWEVER. Since the BETA I have followed the news, though not tried the game (The patch notes specifically) and I have been fairly satisfied that they addressed most of my concerns about game concepts and further, that they took steps to improve the ship art (which was the biggest drawback that I saw).

http://www.vendetta-online.com/h/faq_general.html#fee

Is there a monthly fee for Vendetta Online?

Yes, the game uses a subscription-based business model. Although there is a free trial, access past the limit of the trial requires an investment of around $9.99 per month. Discounts are available for larger blocks of time (3 months, 6 months, etc), bringing the monthly price down to as little as $6.67 per month when purchased in advance. The income derived from this fee goes to cover the server, bandwidth and maintenance costs, as well as covering the salaries of Guild Software developers. In essence, these funds directly pay for the ongoing development of the game.

Back