Vampire Gripes

I always thought that the enhanced roll/pitch gave it an all-round combat advantage... you can always roll quickly to match his direction, and keep the Vampire's pitch axis aligned.
Yes, this is the intention of the Vampire's design. You explained it well enough. Those who feel it is too sensitive are just unable to cope with the technology advances.

But then, it's a bit like flying the Wasp with the booster still hanging on - the reduced manoeuvrability really hampers its effectiveness.

Yes, this is the intention of the Vampire's design. You explained it well enough. Those who feel it is too sensitive are just unable to cope with the technology advances.

But then, it's a bit like flying the Wasp with the booster still hanging on - the reduced manoeuvrability really hampers its effectiveness.

I still remember the first time I flew the wasp. I see the instructions to hit afterburner booster... ok.

Hit the "B" button and WHOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAA!!!!!! Then I slammed into one of my wingmen. :p

The Wasp was extremely effective at dealing with other fighters, and so was the Vampire. The Tigershark was a massive compromise. It just felt like that way. Didn't seem to perform well in any area (prior to MP I had actually been a huge advocate of the Tigershark!)

There's a different feel to playing against a small number of human players instead of the typical computer. A lot of people play like the Armada AI with constant twisting and turning to get on each other's tail. The Vampire has a great advantage in these confrontations.

Back