Upcoming 1.1 release

eddieb

Vice Admiral
Upcoming Flight Commander 1.1 release

fctitle.jpg

All:

Welcome to the Flight Commander Forum. I'll start out by listing the already implemented features which will appear in the soon to be released version 1.1.

new features in 1.1
  • Dynamic lighting
  • Comm videos, including new status comms, and a reworked comm menu.
  • Target cam, showing 3d orientation of target in the cockpit.
  • Asteroids
  • Weapons have transparency
  • Charging mass charges
  • Certain guns can now damage capships.
  • Decoys, and AI to use them
  • Cool new cutscenes for takeoff, landing, and eject
  • Advanced graphic options for better performance, including Texture compression, disable v-sync
  • In game fiction viewer
  • Turrets (no ai just yet)
  • Cockpit improvements (ITTS, More transparency, New color scheme)
  • More sector graphics
  • Lens flares
  • Missile exhaust and more missile sounds
  • Can import more graphic files, include jpegs and transparent pngs.
  • Many more capships available.
  • Hull damage, and damage reports.
  • Missile lock and eject alerts

Mission editor improvements
  • Copy and paste ships
  • Drag and drop
  • Autopilot until reaching a given nav point.
  • Eject with a pickup cutscene

do you have a list of all the ships you have in the game? If so, do you plan on using all the WC ships, or just ones from WCP? Do you plan on getting the models from somewhere, or are you making them yourself? Sorry for all the questions, but I think this is a cool mod, and just wanted to see what you plan on doing with it. ;)

Cool. You should allow playing video cutscenes, cloaking fighters, and terrain battles like in WC3 and WC4. When will it come out? :D

One thing I'd love to see implemented is an ITTS. The targeting system just seems so alien without it. That aside, it's an awesome engine. Keep it up.

dragoon said:
One thing I'd love to see implemented is an ITTS. The targeting system just seems so alien without it. That aside, it's an awesome engine. Keep it up.

Yep, that's already implemented.

johnhawke said:
do you have a list of all the ships you have in the game? If so, do you plan on using all the WC ships, or just ones from WCP? Do you plan on getting the models from somewhere, or are you making them yourself? Sorry for all the questions, but I think this is a cool mod, and just wanted to see what you plan on doing with it. ;)

It should come with just about all the ships from WCP. The converters I have work best with ships from the WCP engine, so you could easily import anything from WCP, WCSO, Unknown Enemy, or Standoff. Which gives me no shortage of models, to be sure. I've also got models of just about everything from WC3, WC4, and armada, but these don't have ship stats, so aren't included. Of course if others want to contribute models, that's very welcome too.

well I'm working on some WC1 ships, (you can check my site for a pic) and I know the guys over at WCU have some WC2 ships. Mine are coming along a little slow, but you can use whatever I have once they're finished. :)

eddie, before we even discuss the improvements i think I should make clear that the original was incredible. I've been creating missions ever since I finished the first campaign and can't wait for more.

...although the upgrades look great

...can't wait for more

Kon said:
eddie, before we even discuss the improvements i think I should make clear that the original was incredible. I've been creating missions ever since I finished the first campaign and can't wait for more.

...although the upgrades look great

...can't wait for more

Thanks, I'm glad to see you're making missions. Please send them to me asap, so I can include them in 1.1.

Back