Unwrapping/Unfolding 3D Meshes for models

Malcolm Reynolds

Rear Admiral
I've been working pretty hard on my TCS Tiger's Claw model and I'm almost done. I have a quick question that some of you might know the answer to. Pericles in particular might be able to give me some feedback. I know that he uses Pepekura viewer or some program like that to unwrap 3D meshes from Standoff for creating his own paper craft models. Has this technique been discussed in a thread before? Does anybody know how this is done? Perhaps the Standoff team or Pericles might be able to give me an idea of where to get started. Do I need to try finding the 3D model meshes in the Standoff Files somewhere and opening them with Pepekura? I'm pretty confused about how that works.
Thanks!
-Mal

I would recommend chatting with Scooby. He knows all about wrapping and unwrapping models. Although you can use a program called "Lithunwrap" to position texture coordinates or create your own for a given model.

Hi! I use some programs to prepare model for unfolding. I use many models for two big 3D repositories of WC, the most famous is WC3D, but still around the forum to search. The Standoff models, Eder give me the source models for made a kits. I use a metasequoia to prepare the model to folding, in this program I create internal walls, separe pieces, change textures. After this work is ready I unfolding in Pepakura Designer, (not viewr) for made a kit for print.

Regards...

Haha oops my mistake I didn't catch these were being made for "paper models". Exactly what Pericles said above.

Back