Unknown Enemy help

You mean the game doesn't return control to the player? I think it was a little bug in the scripting, can't remember if it was fixed in the patches or not. In any case, just press F1 to return to the cockpit.

Thanks Wedge. Much appreciated, I had already installed the v1.02 patch. The video didn't just automatically return to the player. Your suggestion worked great. I just finished the game.

Glad to help, but don't thank me, thank the UE team, and Quarto for listening to my badgering about getting those patches done. :)

Starngely enough I never encountered that bug. I rather think it was introduced by a patch. Originally it did switch back to cockpit, but rather slowly (3 seconds?)

Would be cool if somebody could confirm this one - I could then fix it without playing the game ;).

I can confirm that the camera showing the Avenger's jump won't return you to the cockpit in 1.02.

In case you're intersted.

This is for the UE and Standoff Teams,

Thank you for all your hard work and vision on both of these mods. It's great to fly these ships, I can hardly wait for the next Standoff and Unknown Enemy Episodes. Keep up the great work.

About the bug in mission 9 (not returning control to the player after the cutscene showing the avenger jumping out): Originally I did not encounter it, but after applying the 1.02 patch this bug stopped me from (hopefully) finishing the mission. Now I'll immediately try the 'F1 solution'. Thanks guys!

Needless to say: Thanks for this great mod! I remember playing WC1 with sweaty hands, badgering my then roomate for use of his computer. Very pathetic...grin. Being brought back to those days, flying mission of much higher quality is truly awesome! I do not even want to start to imagine how much time was invested in UE.... thanks again for all your work!

Back