Universal Sports Jerk Thread

TheRedDuke

Spaceman
General Baseball Talk

I thought I'd start this thread, as the "Damn Those Yankees" thread has turned into something like that.

So is anyone here a Tigers fan? I don't want to jinx anything, but at the time of this post, they are 4-0. And that's after the worst season in franchise history.

The Angels are looking up too, although I would expect that with some of the aquisitions they made (notably Vlad).

As a BoSox fan, I am very much looking forward to seeing this season unfold. There's a lot of expectation around here this year, and if this team can stay on track and stay healthy, I think they have a real shot. Of course I say that every year...

TheRedDuke said:
So is anyone here a Tigers fan? I don't want to jinx anything, but at the time of this post, they are 4-0. And that's after the worst season in franchise history.
True, but they will have many, many, many more opportunities to suck this year ;). Its a long season.
Football season can't start soon enough.

C-ya

I am very happy that the Braves beat the Mets Wednesday night 18-10 after recovering from a 6-0 lead against them. I don't follow baseball but I'm glad that I happened to turn on the radio right then.

Congratulations on your purchase of Being Really Stupid 2004 (C).

The Braves are jackasses with a fanbase of hicks and assholes. They die now.

Hockey Playoffs - We... by which I mean I... Shall destroy your puny Baseball thread

Yay, hockey playoffs

So... yeah...

hockey

I shall agree with this, as they are playing Colorado... In other situations, I shall have to disagree.

LeHah said:
The Braves are jackasses with a fanbase of hicks and assholes. They die now.

I'll follow up by saying a city doesn't deserve a baseball team when they can't even sell out a playoff game. What a spoiled rotten city. Meanwhile, in order to see my team in the plaoffs, I had to buy a scalped ticket from some sleazebag outside the ballpark for $120.

GO CANUCKS!!!

But seriously...GO CANUCKS!!!

(yeah, destroy that little baseball thread, nobody wants it lol, hockey is way better anyways!)

I have a feeling it will be a good year for Boston sports fans...Sox, Pats and Bruins are all looking good....

only wish pedro would grow up and stop acting like a little kid on the mound....

Back