Milatry

Petty Officer
I'm unable to play Flight Commander I hope someone can help me out
my computer specs are
GenuineIntel
pentium II
304.0MBRAM
RagePro Turbo AGP2X
this is what I have can someone help to get this game to play on my computer?

Hmm, this is quite an old computer, I'm not even sure if the video card will accelerate opengl. You might not be able to. If you could, please run the game from the command line, and tell me what the printout is. Also, tell me specifically what the error messages are.

that sound like a good idea but this is what I have and I must try and find a way to work with what I have if it is possible to do.

it says "GLUT: Fatal Error in C:\Program Files\Flight Commander\ Flight Commander.exe: failed to create OpenGL rendering context"

I tried to install the 1.3 setup but it gave me the same problem so is there anyway someone can help me get the game playing on my computer?

It sounds like your computer is too old to do this. Changing out drivers and tweaking certain things might get the program to start up, but the engine wasn't really built with 1990s hardware in mind.

As a last resort try the following
  • Change your screen resolution in windows to 640 by 480 with 16 bit color depth
  • Use this minimal settings file. Download it to your flight commander directory

Other than that, I'd say your driver is buggy.

I would say either you driver has bugs or change the settings to lower options. I also have a PII with 256Mb RAM and the game overall works fine. The fps are always above 20.

it still don't what to show the text, I guess I'll just have to wait until I can get a better computer but thanks for trying.

Back