GL_d3D_5::createZbuffer attach failed 87

I have the opengl patch on Secret Ops and have already installed VB5 package

Thanks
ImperatorS79

Attachments

• Unkown ennemy error.PNG
    Unkown ennemy error.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 30
That's a DirectX mode error. Try using the OpenGL renderer instead: use the SO launcher, then click "Select video card".

Humm... silly me, we never released an OpenGL-enabled Unknown Enemy. In the Unknown Enemy launcher, select 16-bits DirectX. You're probably trying to use 32-bits and your video card/drivers can't support it.

16 bits won't work on a 64 bits windows OS. But I' ve tried software and d3d 16 bits and I have : "wcue stopped working". No more GL_d3d error.

Don't worry about the 16 bits part, it's referring to the size of the z-buffer, it's not a 16 bits app.

What's the full path to your SO install ? You did install UE in the exact same folder Secret Ops is installed, right ? (no copies of the folder either) Did you set a compatibility setting on the EXE (Win98) ? Did you update your video card drivers ?

I did install it in the same folder. No compatibility settings, and my card is an intel HD graphics 3000 (no graphics update since Mathusalem)

Attachments

• Secret ops folder.PNG
    Secret ops folder.PNG
    31.2 KB · Views: 16
Ok, it's now working thanks to win98 compatibility profile. I don't know why it's not working with a 32 bits Z-buffer, not a problem.

As a final question for you, is it normal that the FXAA options in WCP and WCSO lead to a black screen (with sounds) for those games ?

Thanks for WCUE.

That's why I suggested you install the lastest driver straight from Intel: the integrated Intel Graphics are known to be problematic for a bunch of WC graphic options. By installing the lastest drivers from Intel (not those buit in Windows or from Winfowsupdate) you may be able to enable some of the options (32-bits z precision, enhanced lighting, etc).

Glad you could have Unknown Enemy working ! :)

Last edited:
I already had the latest driver before installing WCUE. I will try to test FXAA for WCP and d3d 32 bits for WCUE on a PC with a NVIDIA or AMD card to see if there is a problem. FXAA isn't necessary with high-res screen (it's not a problem in WC for me).

Edit : I found a kind of code for the GL_d3d_5::createZbuffer methode :
DirectDraw::createSurface(&zSurface, &sd);
// attach the Z-buffer to the back buffer
result = surface->AddAttachedSurface(zSurface);
FATAL_HR("GL_d3d_5::createZBuffer attach failed %d", result);

I hope that FATAL_HR only plot and stop the program if result is an error code.

I'm asking myself for which error is 87...

Last edited:
Back