"Unable to Join Game"

What part of Arena stopped working? A free membership should still get you the single player modes if you've bought the game.

Already fixed.

Here's what happened; every Arcade game I purchased went back into "unlock full game" options. for WC:A stopped functioning in multiplayer, and Battlefield 1943 was completely non-usable. After signing out and back in from XBL, it was functional again... and ofcourse there was no one to play with:mad:

I was breaking out the game again because i wanted to show it to an old friend who came over for easter, my "gaming-buddy", and he was one of those guys who always preferred X-wing.

But the game is back up and running, and while need and fun, my buddy noticed one thing, there are no real missions, so you can't really be each others wingman. And then it comes to mind that the only game(AFAIK) that ever did this, was F-15 Strike Eagle. Wit all the sims out there, you would expect that someone would come up with something else then just one-on-one combat for multiplayer.

Already fixed.

Here's what happened; every Arcade game I purchased went back into "unlock full game" options. for WC:A stopped functioning in multiplayer, and Battlefield 1943 was completely non-usable. After signing out and back in from XBL, it was functional again... and ofcourse there was no one to play with:mad:

I was breaking out the game again because i wanted to show it to an old friend who came over for easter, my "gaming-buddy", and he was one of those guys who always preferred X-wing.

But the game is back up and running, and while need and fun, my buddy noticed one thing, there are no real missions, so you can't really be each others wingman. And then it comes to mind that the only game(AFAIK) that ever did this, was F-15 Strike Eagle. Wit all the sims out there, you would expect that someone would come up with something else then just one-on-one combat for multiplayer.

You can't specifically be eachother's wingmen in a Co-op mode which would have been awesome but what you can do is pair up in multiplayer and make a pointed effort to stick together coordinating over chat. Chris and I did that a few times and we pretty much dominated, and it was awesome. This also works especiallly well if you have one player in a bomber and the other in a fighter.

You can't specifically be eachother's wingmen in a Co-op mode which would have been awesome but what you can do is pair up in multiplayer and make a pointed effort to stick together coordinating over chat. Chris and I did that a few times and we pretty much dominated, and it was awesome. This also works especiallly well if you have one player in a bomber and the other in a fighter.

It's possible to get 8 people together and take down an enemy battlecruiser "cooperatively" in Arena.

I rarely play non-WC sims, but one of the few that I have played in recent years, Tom Clancy's Hawx 1 & 2, and that games does let you play cooperatively through the entire storyline. Also, Wing Commander Armada has two fifteen mission coop campaigns. I believe Starlancer has six player coop throughout the game, so I don't think it's that rare.

I never played these "hawx" sims, but i will look into that.

What i mean to want to see in a game, is really running full missions together, as in meeting up in a mission briefing and flying to and back. WC Armada did have something similar, but the network/null modem performance at the time was horrible, the re-engineered WCP was also 1on1, right?.

I have been disappointed with a lot of simulators in this manor, when I bought "blazing angels", i figured that you could fly the campaign missions together, but all you get as a simple head-2-head, with current tech we should be able to do something a lot bigger.

WC Armada did have something similar, but the network/null modem performance at the time was horrible

Well, it was 1994. The game is playable online today and works great if you have a low latency connection.

I have been disappointed with a lot of simulators in this manor, when I bought "blazing angels", i figured that you could fly the campaign missions together, but all you get as a simple head-2-head, with current tech we should be able to do something a lot bigger.

Yeah, like I said, with 1990s tech, I believe Starlancer did it with six players (including on the Dreamcast via dialup even), and in just my limited sim exposure, I've run into a couple that have full campaign coop, so you can probably find more. There are websites dedicated to this: http://www.co-optimus.com/system.ph...um=2&singleplayercontent=on&esrb=%&released=Y

Well, it was 1994. The game is playable online today and works great if you have a low latency connection.

Yeah it's pretty amazing playing it now. Chris and I have played several times (with each every damn time him beating the crap out of me...he's got a much better resource management system...)

Yeah it's pretty amazing playing it now. Chris and I have played several times (with each every damn time him beating the crap out of me...he's got a much better resource management system...)

It's all about the Transports.

It's all about the Transports.

Yep. I'll always remember the first time we had combat around one. I (for some reason) thought they had 2 flak guns for defense...boy was I wrong.

Chris buzzed past the CAP and put a torp right into the fully loaded 'sport. It was awesome and really sucky all at the same time.

Back