Ugliest Ship

Lynx said:
As for Strikers Scimitar, the model is pretty high quality, but I don't like it. The body is too rounded, no matter how different the various depictions of the Scim are there were always a few clear edges in the main body. And those spitfire thingies on the nose don't help either.

That is easily fixable...however, like Eder has mentioned, the ingame graphics lead to a very rounded model. The blueprints suggest a curvy body while the claw marks diagram and most pictures suggest harder "boxier" edges.

Lynx said:
But there are also additional differences like armament and loadout, indicating that there are a few different versions of each ship type
Oh, certainly. I didn't mean to say that I disagree with you on the WCA and WC1 Scims being different enough to be considered different variants. What I meant is that, in this case, the different design was to be expected (even if they had intended it to be the same variant).

Maj.Striker said:
The blueprints suggest a curvy body while the claw marks diagram and most pictures suggest harder "boxier" edges.
IMHO, you should consider sticking to hard edges for the part that's directly below the green wing-like-thing (between the green thing and the upper part of the ship's main body). IIRC, all the sketches (even Taggart's Tactics, imagine that :p) show a kind of \_/ shaped platform-thing there (that's the shape from top view, nose pointing down on the screen) which seems to connect the main body to the wing-like green thing.

Eder said:
Oh, certainly. I didn't mean to say that I disagree with you on the WCA and WC1 Scims being different enough to be considered different variants. What I meant is that, in this case, the different design was to be expected (even if they had intended it to be the same variant).

IMHO, you should consider sticking to hard edges for the part that's directly below the green wing-like-thing (between the green thing and the upper part of the ship's main body). IIRC, all the sketches (even Taggart's Tactics, imagine that :p) show a kind of \_/ shaped platform-thing there (that's the shape from top view, nose pointing down on the screen) which seems to connect the main body to the wing-like green thing.

Yeah, I think I will switch that back, I did have it like that originally but I thought to myself, what would it look like if more curved like a modern aircraft body?

And the WCA Scimitar. Maybe there are a few different versions of the Scimitar like with the Rapier II. The WCA Scim has two lasers instead of massdrivers, so I think we can already call it a version of the standard design (and yes, Taggarts tactics Scimitar rocks)

Three lasers -- the two fuselage mounted laser cannons and then a small turret just forward of the wheel well (shows up in "Recreation").

It has two seats, too... so it's probably just a trainer version. The "T-105 Scimitar" or somesuch.

This Scim above ^ is quite pretty, but it doesn't look like a WC1 Scim... As other people said, the round fuselage is really strange, IMO it's clearly boxy on the blueprints and other depictions like the take-off/landing sequences.

Well... I'd vote for a Crossbow... Ungly ship, ugly view, ugly behaviour...
And... Epee - no beauty in that ship at all...
Well, compared to Hornet they all are not too good :)

are book cover ships part of the official WC universe?
if so the Action Station book cover has some pretty creepy ships in the back ground that are (I hope) of Kilrathy origin.

Congratulations to Maj.Striker, making the Scimiter look good is, imho, right up there with walking on water and parting the red sea. Yet you have managed.

However i think the ugliest ship is the Fralthi, it looks like a zimmerframe, sort of.

Marc said:
are book cover ships part of the official WC universe?
if so the Action Station book cover has some pretty creepy ships in the back ground that are (I hope) of Kilrathy origin.

Yes and yes.

Back