Ugliest Ship

Bandit LOAF said:
I never really understood the look of the Longbow (or the Devestator) -- I'd assume you'd want bigger 'wings' under which to mount more torpedoes.

I had the impression of the Longbow carrying the torpedoes in internal bays.

Yeah, I mean, with a bomber you want to carry as many torpedoes as possible -- so why make it sleak with such a small cross-section?

Bandit LOAF said:
Yeah, I mean, with a bomber you want to carry as many torpedoes as possible -- so why make it sleak with such a small cross-section?

so it doesnt get shot to shit trying to deliver those torpedos.

The Devastator has some weapon pods in the "wings", though they are kinda small for torps.

But really, they should have tatical and strategical bombers in WC. I think minasi mentions that in his guide.

Manboy-"Might get whipped for this but as much as I loved the Excailibur, I thought it was kinda bland"
Consider yourself whipped boy.

The Plunkett and Murphy class- bad. very bad.
But not as bad as the Pelican class transport. worse. so worse.

Nothing HAS to look nice. As long as it works and serves a purpose.
But between a Clydesdale transport and a Pelican class transport, witch would you like to stare at all day long?

Well haven't seen much of the Clyesdale, since I've only played a couple of WC II Missions, and even then, they were first

not a problem- CIC has nice little thumpnails of both of'em in their ship database.
beleve me, even a 1x1 inch bitmap image is enough to convice you.

bah
transports are supposed to be ugly and unsexy.
And all of the confed WC3 designs were kinda bland. It's part of the concept and also it has to do with the limitations of the engine. But they look great.

I didn't get, you are talking about the movie Rapier? Hummm. I personally like designs that look worn out and I think I would dislike here even if new and shinny.

Bandit LOAF said:
I wonder what the reaction to the Rapier would be if it had a spiffy factory-fresh paint job...

I think it'd look rather well with a green WC1ish paintjob. Making the ship look worn out is one thing, but the movie Rapiers looked as if they have been lying around at the ground of the sea for a decade.

Marc said:
Nothing HAS to look nice. As long as it works and serves a purpose.
But between a Clydesdale transport and a Pelican class transport, witch would you like to stare at all day long?

The Pelican, since the Clydesdale is a big space-dildo. :p

Wouldn't a super heavy bomber end up being a corvette. The corvettes in the game seem to fit your discription of a heavy bomber.

Back