Ugliest Ship

Gliderboy

Spaceman
Since I've been here, I have seen plenty of threads filled with people arguing about the best ship in the WC universe. However, what about the ugliest ship in WC. I'd have to go with the Broadsword myself :) , but what do you guys think?

The Broadsword is one of the most beautiful ever.

And yes, the WCM Rapier is an ugly, ugly thing.

Oh, I love it when we talk aesthetics. So much that I'll give ya one from each game... I probably can't single out just one ship anyway.

WC1: Sivar (Honestly, what is up with that cauldron-looking thing?)
WC2: Kilrathi supply depot
WC3: Can I say "half the damn game" and leave it at that? Seriously, though: Kilrathi light destroyer.
WC4: Does the Confed shuttle count? If not, Longbow.
WCP: Seahawk
SO: Lamprey
Armada: Banshee (Propellers? Give me a break)
Priv: Drayman. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it feels kinda uninspired to me, while all the other designs in the game are superb.
Priv2: Toss up between Tacon and Aurora.

The Rapier from the movie certainly was not pretty, but I love that huge gun in the front. As for the Broadsword, I was talking about the one in the movie, not the game, guess I specific enough :p . As for ships from the games, I've got to go with the Scimitar, what was with the barrel looking things on the top, those weren't engines were they?

Worse looking ships of WC? Well, although the Confederation and Kilrathi all had soem ugly stuff...nothing was half as ugly as those "organic" Nephilim ships from WCP. Horrible horrible horrible...it didn't even feel like a dogfight flying against those things...it was like fighting with ducks in space.

Gotta go with the Rapier from the movie too. Just so... ungly, looks like a Korean War area mig with a Warthogs gun tacked on to it.

NuclearPenguins said:
Anything from the movie.

But in the real WC universe, the Scimitar was always an ugly pig to me.

Don't say it unless you really want to have a serious debate.

I'd say the WCM rapier or the Devestator from WCP. I know its a heavy bomber, but to me, it sorta looks like how it flies - a brick. The big gun was cool, but the design still never felt right to me.

Might get whipped for this but as much as I loved the Excailibur, I thought it was kinda bland. I guess bland doesnt quite constitute ugly (and the Rapier does easily fall within that category) but that defeats the purpose of having an opinion which differs.

Back