UE Main Package Download

U

Unregistered

Just wondering how big the file actually is.

I've got broadband but a download limit of 500mb a month (then it costs a fortune

Unregistered said:
. . . download limit of 500mb a month . . .
Wow, you can easily rack up 3-5 megs at a time just doing a little surfing on the net :(. Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking, so I know never to move there ;).

C-ya

Most places in the US won't.. but even internationally limits are generally measured in gigabytes, not hundreds of megabytes.

Here (Austria) it is virtually impossible to get anything without either a time or a GB limit.
Only two options are cable (where available) and ISDN (that special offer is discontinued however).
Oh, and I saw DSL offers with 10 MB (yes, that is megabytes) limit/month already?!

Always on for e-mail, 24/7. But if someone starts forwarding you "funny movies" you have to go kick their ass.

I´d say you can´t run the game well on anything less than a Pentium 166, 64Mb RAM - very important - , sound board, a decent video board and any Windows newer than 95 but not Windows 2000.

Prophecy is playable on a P100, 16 megs of RAM and a 1 meg video card.. but it's pretty easy to exceed those requirements these days.

But unknown enemy requires much more than Prophecy, even if you don't use the Hi-res and/or viewable distance patch options.

I'd say the minimum to enjoy it would be 350 Mhz and a decent 3d card like a GeForce2MX so equivalent.

Pierre's right. In my experience, to get bearable framerates throughout the entire game (including cutscenes, etc), you need at least a 350Mhz processor and a original GeForce graphics card... That last Voodoo card might also be enough for the job, but I can't be sure about that since I've never played UE on one.

Back