UE easter egg

Razer92

Spaceman
if you click on the window next to the one that asks if you want to quit it will take you the tiger's claw lounge from wing commander one and when you click on shot glass he says stuff in german!

there is another easter egg involving one of the sim missions and your performance in a similar mission in-game

Wow... I'm surprised how quickly somebody found that one :).

But Filler, let them work it out :p.

yeah it looks just like the tiger's claw lounge it's cool. I don't know what they are shotglass says in german but it is still cool.

Well, there's plenty of German speakers around, so I'm sure you'll find out eventually... ;)

"Lieutenant Casey to the Briefing room. Lieutenant Casey to the Briefing room."
or... I think thats what it is.

Damn..I ve never payed attention to my German language class back at school......

:) I took French class instead, myself. Still, I could make a qualified guess of what Shotglass said ("Lieutenant Casey, report to the briefing room at once" at the time). Lingual neighbouring is fascinating. (Um, I'm Swedish, by the way. 'S why - Swedish and German are both spawned from the Germanic language-branch.)

That's exactly what they are... for some reasone they were included in the Secret Ops speech pack

They're in the Prophecy disks too, along with an easter egg or two... Anyone ever notice the Army of Darkness quote?

Originally posted by Manic
They're in the Prophecy disks too, along with an easter egg or two... Anyone ever notice the Army of Darkness quote?
I haven't seen Army of Darkness, but I believe I know the file you're referring to... I was very tempted to throw it in there somewhere, but it would have been too bizarre :p.

Originally posted by Razer92
well I don't know what they are saying and it does not show up on the subtitles, but why don't you try.
I didn't have it at the time.

Those quotes were lumped in together with the English speech in SO's DATA.TRE:
"Lieutenant Casey, you are wanted in the ready room at once. Lieutenant Casey to the ready room."
"All pilots to the briefing room. Again: all pilots to the briefing room."
"All pilots to your ships, this is not a drill. All pilots to your ships."

What's that Army of Darkness quote? Is it that weird: "Yo! She-bitch!" <cocks gun> "Let's go." thing?

Back