Two Hats Are Better Than One (January 29, 2008)

That's odd. I don't see it. They added that feature years ago and we have it disabled.

Hmm, it's gone now. But it was there for a minute.

There's something strange about my account in general; I can log in to the backend and view user settings... but there's no button to save changes.

Woweee, the board software must have been updated; I have a little yellow-and-red "add infraction" button under every name. Who can I test this on?

I wouldn't particularly mind, if you do it in a week- I've got lots of schoolwork, followed by a week without internet during a senior trip. That, and I wanna see what it does. Wednesday the 14th work for you? :p

Is that a real one?

Not really sure. I just looked in Google Images for examples and found mostly black ones, with a few blue. Personally I think the black looks much more striking.

OK, so that's
Me - 2
LOAF - 2
LeHah - 1
Chris - 1
Deadman ny - 1
Haliwali - 1

Only four more hats and it's a go if someone can provide Tarawa artwork.

Attachments

• Chicago.jpg
    Chicago.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Shasta.jpg
    Shasta.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 148
  • capfram.jpg
    capfram.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 151
Not really sure. I just looked in Google Images for examples and found mostly black ones, with a few blue. Personally I think the black looks much more striking.

I think it might just be the photography -- I think the three images you attached are all actually a dark Navy blue.

Just stumbled across this thread while googling. I've got one of those "CSS Tiger Claw" vfx crew hats referenced in the earlier post, if anyone wants to buy it. Condition is practically new, never worn - it's been sitting in a box since I worked on the film ten years ago.

Attachments

• wing_1.jpg
    wing_1.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 146
Very cool! I'm sure one of our collectors will want to acquire that.

What work did you perform on the movie? Always interesting to hear about people's experiences.

I've actually gone ahead and thrown it up on ebay. (Wasn't convinced anyone would be reading a year-old thread... oops.) But I'd prefer that it went to a real fan, if anyone feels like bidding on it. Here's a link - http://rurl.org/1afd

I was in Austin for the last months of the vfx production on the film. My big "hero" shot was where the Snakeir (I think? It's been ten years.) explodes, with the obligatory green shockwave. You can check my terminology by looking at the shot from my demo reel http://www.houseofpain.org/reel/reelplay_v3.html

Had a great time down there - it was definitely one of the best bunch of people I've ever worked with on a film. I'm still good friends with many of them, in fact.

Back