Two Hats Are Better Than One (January 29, 2008)

Well, I sort of ripped off the Concordia design and replaced the name with the Wellington, a Ranger class (I don't think anyone will notice:) ) Do any of you know a good site to make a hat like this?

Dear God, they raped me on those price quotes. The cheapest I found was for 35$. And that's just the machine, not the hat itself. McGruff, where you get yours on the Internet? Maybe I could just take that design with different text.

If you happen to find a quality embroidery site for projects like this, please let me know. I wasn't satisfied with the finished product I got when inspected closely. We should probably be asking LOAF where the Eisen hats were made, the stitching on them is far superior.

I would be just fine paying $35 + the cost of a hat if it was going to be a quality job, sounds like a small price to pay for a unique Wing Commander item. Of course if several of us got together on this, the price per person would be much lower because setup is usually the biggest part of the cost. If one or more other people want to do it, I'm in.

Hey, if we could set something up like that, it'd be great. Talk to you guys tomorrow, got to get ready for my SEAL test. ;)

If you happen to find a quality embroidery site for projects like this, please let me know. I wasn't satisfied with the finished product I got when inspected closely. We should probably be asking LOAF where the Eisen hats were made, the stitching on them is far superior.

I would be just fine paying $35 + the cost of a hat if it was going to be a quality job, sounds like a small price to pay for a unique Wing Commander item. Of course if several of us got together on this, the price per person would be much lower because setup is usually the biggest part of the cost. If one or more other people want to do it, I'm in.

The Eisen hats were ordered from http://www.greekgear.com/unchcap.html several years ago. In order to get the price down to something reasonable for people to buy, Jibbo and I ordered about a hundred. They've been pretty popular, and we've given lots away at promotional events, so the supply is actually starting to dwindle.

I see they have a minimum order quantity of 12 hats, at $17.75 each. If anyone else wants to go in with me, I'm good for the price of two of them.

If somebody designs something really cool and takes the time to work out the logistics, I'm in.

I was thinking we should do the Princeton hat, or another documented Yorktown/Concordia class using Greekgear's superior embroidery if we can get some people to go in on it. I would volunteer to handle the actual order and to mail out the individual hats afterward. The price per person would be $17.75 + probably less than $2 shipping per person + maybe $5 each for me to mail them out. There doesn't seem to be a separate design setup charge that I see, so total cost per person would probably be around 25 bucks.

I'm good for two, and if Chris gets one, we need to account for 9 more hats.

As soon as there's an official design, I'm in. As for that may I humbly suggest (with a slight hint of fanboyism) using the Wellington? I've got a pic of a design around here somewhere...

I would buy a well done canonical ship -- so, the Princeton but not the Wellington.

I might suggest the Tarawa (CVE-7), as we could send one hat to Dr. Forstchen as a gift.

I'm down for a hat. Any pics of a runup? You take paypal? If not please send me mailing address for money order. The Tarawa would be cool to have on a hat. What are the base colors going to be for the hat and the embroidering? Is there a choice or just one color for entire order.

My mother does stuff like that for birthdays, holidays and the gambit of grandmother things. Pictures of the kids on coffee mugs, bibs, T-shirts, ect. Think it's really cool and endearing.

As long as we're still picking out a name, might as well be something we've flown off ourselves. So, Tiger's Claw. Concordia, Victory, Intrepid, Midway, or Cerberus.

I would buy a well done canonical ship -- so, the Princeton but not the Wellington. I might suggest the Tarawa (CVE-7)

Same here, two votes for Tarawa, though the Princeton artwork is the only version I can offer because my buddy who made it is too busy with his day job to do another.

You take paypal? If not please send me mailing address for money order.

If you all decided that I would place the order, either would be fine.

we could send one hat to Dr. Forstchen as a gift.

Maybe you can, he's still on my shitlist until he does something about the state of Lost Regiment.

What are the base colors going to be for the hat and the embroidering?

I like the existing Princeton color scheme - black hat, silver/gray ship, yellow/gold lettering.

Black would look like a real one......

Attachments

• NewportNews.JPG
    NewportNews.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 142
Black would look like a real one......

Is that a real one? I have several that are right off of ships and they're all a very dark blue (darker than the Eisen hats, but definately still blue).

Maybe you can, he's still on my shitlist until he does something about the state of Lost Regiment.

Yeah, I'd be willing to do that. So, put me down for two if we go with the Tarawa. The occasional kindness is a good way to stay in touch with the people who made our universe.

Edit: Woweee, the board software must have been updated; I have a little yellow-and-red "add infraction" button under every name. Who can I test this on?

Back