turning ratio / kilrathy a bit to crazy???

C

claas kuhnen

hi

i am encountering more and more kilrathies and they are so fast turning that it is impossible for me to aim at them without an auto aiming device like missels.

i cannot remember that in wing commander they were so fast. dog fighting is basicly more a fire and hope to hit situation for me.

did you guys change the settings in this mod?

claas

I'm not sure what's up, maybe I suck at fighting, but lately whenever I see a Dralthi fighter I run away. Or at least try, they're fast enough to be able to catch up to the Centurion easily. It's gotten so annoying fighting kilrathi that I had to take a break from the game before I broke something out of anger.

yah thats true

i think they fligh model they have isnt correct. also i ahve the impression that other ships rather turn and also stop byar better than me.

if i have 5 demons on me i cannot evade their shots at all what ever i do.
so i put thing down to easy for those missions or bought missels and increased the damage factor.

Pack all launchers with proton torpedos and go wild on the enter key when they fly straight towards you, worked for me in Privateer Remake.
I havent tried the Gemini Gold yet, download is at 84%. :))

Gemini Gold has much better AI flight models than PR 1.x, and you can play without the need of autotrackers on guns or missiles (a good thing, as they are not availble in GG). The Kilrathi are still tough in a Centurion with only tachyons.

Indoril Nerevar said:
I'm not sure what's up, maybe I suck at fighting, but lately whenever I see a Dralthi fighter I run away. Or at least try, they're fast enough to be able to catch up to the Centurion easily. It's gotten so annoying fighting kilrathi that I had to take a break from the game before I broke something out of anger.
I run in a centurion and then get into the rear turret because they always try for your rear, and they will often stay there, long eneugh to get blown away with turret fire... just make sure it's only one of them tho, and that you have decent shields...

whoa kitty

tuff to fight at any level higher than easy

hoovsbin said:
Gemini Gold has much better AI flight models than PR 1.x, and you can play without the need of autotrackers on guns or missiles (a good thing, as they are not availble in GG). The Kilrathi are still tough in a Centurion with only tachyons.

did you try palan mission 1 yet ? Where you have to defeat 2 waves of 5 demons that are right on top of you as soon as you launch ?

Physics/AI

not sure about the AI code, but i know for a fact the physics code is incorrect, the vegastrike code has newtonian physics, whereas, privateer the original origin version, did not, (also no wing commander game ever had real physics) my advice for the gemini gold developers is to rework the physics code instead of tweaking the stats. this has always been a long term gripe of mine. As well as the lack of high quality artwork within vegastrike/privateer remake, sorry but 256x256 textures may run well on your voodoo 2, but seriously, we're beyond 1995. Also a space background MUST be sized according to the width of the screen. if you want 1024x768 res your skybox must use 1024x1024 textures. Gamasutra has an article explaining in depth the reasons why. Overall I'm impressed with the gemini gold releases so far, and I hope they continue to be as high quality as they've been so far.

Back