Tron Legacy\Flynn Lives High Score Codes

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
I got Tron Legacy on Blu-ray yesterday and watched the Flynn Lives short this morning. When it's over a Space Paranoids high score screen comes up and you can put in some initials and it unlocks other content.
I put MCP (for obvious reasons) and nothing happened but then I put in SAM and it brought up a whole video of the Encom release of Space Paranoids Online, bits and parts of which show up in the short.

I'm wondering if anyone else has found any other codes and what they are. Now I realize that the movie isn't really due out until today (April 5, 2011), but I'm willing to wait and see what else everybody finds and I'm gonna keep searching.

anyone get the 5 dic ultimate set. it is sold out in my area, however available online

i was waiting for this because it looked so cool...but...i thought it was going to be 5 separate identity disk cases for each movie...wrong...

it ONE identity disk case, all movie discs are inside, except for the digital copy, it doesn't fit...and the identity disk is slightly larger that a dvd disc...not a frisbee size...i am not complaining becasue i have to have it but just a little disapointed.

I went with the two separate bluray releases to avoid having to own the 3D version. I did pick up an identity disk for my shelf from Toys R Us, though!

you mean you dont have a 3d bluray player and 3d capable television like the rest of us....of course i am kidding...i too dont need the 3d version...i originally thought i could watch it on a regualr bluray with a 3d tv...anyone keep the 3d glasses from the theater release?

Hah hah, no, I'd be happy to buy all that stuff someday... but I don't have two eyes like the rest of you. :)

Hah hah, no, I'd be happy to buy all that stuff someday... but I don't have two eyes like the rest of you. :)

Yeah, I'm waiting for them to quit screwin around invent the holodeck technology so I don't need those nerdy glasses! :D

I got the ultimate edition - it's pretty.

Don't have anything that'll do 3D - my PCs can be loaded with a 3D player but that's it - my receiver and TV aren't 3D (plus I don't really care for the glasses - they don't fit too well over glasses anyhow).

The only 3D thing I have is my 3DS.

GOT IT!!!!!!!!
found a store that had three left, by the time i got there, there was two..
its realy cool...the disk lights up....

quick question about "digital copy" i always thought that a digital copy is the entire movie in a file...so you can easily copy to a player..via pc..laptop..itunes to ipad...and psp.
but what is this about typing in a code..i have the disc..shouldnt i be able to place it anywhere and play it?

The digital copy is a limited use thing. Your media software will ask you for the code when you put the disc in and then it imports the movie. I've never done it with Windows Media Player, but it's surprisingly painless with iTunes (and then you can copy the movie to your tablet or HTPC or phone or wherever).

ok, thanks, now you mentioned "limited", does that mean, say i use the code to play on the ipad...then i want to watch it on my laptop...then i realize the laptop is too bulky and i want to watch on psp..

can i do that or, i only have one media to choose?

I think you can use the code once to put the copy onto your computer... and then there's usually some larger number (3-5?) of devices you can have it on at once. I know I never have a problem having my digital copies on my HTPC, iPad and phone at once.

~~~. I never use the digital copy thing. I just rip the DVD and there's my digital copy.

Trying to learn how to rip Blu-Rays properly...

~~~. I never use the digital copy thing. I just rip the DVD and there's my digital copy.

Trying to learn how to rip Blu-Rays properly...

I've recently found the free digital copy with Blurays lately to be incredibly easy and useful. I wish I didn't let a couple codes lapse! They're basically a coupon to download the iTunes version of the film for free, and then you just drag it over to your iPad or AppleTV it over to your HDTV.

That's true, if you're only using either iTunes or Windows Media Player. If you use both, it's a pain. I don't think the code could be used for both...

The other thing is I like having my videos in a DRM-free format when they're on my computer. I can never tell where or what I'm going to play them on. Of course, I also like having control of my videos (most digital copies lack the bonus features, for example, and no subtitiles and other such things).

Has any of you tried the "Disney Second Screen" thing? It's a huge download on the iPad (I don't know how it works on the PC). It's neat, but rather gimmicky and best played with alone. Still doesn't compensate for lack of director commentary.

Chris, you mentioned that once you input the code, you can then download the itunes version...i thought that the movie was actually on the digital copy cd...and you needed the code to validate that you acutally bought it.
this is the first time i have a digital copy of a movie, so sorry for the questions.

Well, I think it downloads the key to the movie on the disc, which iTunes then copies to your hard drive and applies DRM to lock it to your account. I believe the WMP version is the same as well - WMP grabs the license from the server and uses that license to copy the movie from the disc to your PC.

Of course, I still run across the odd digital copy that doesn't support iTunes. Disney's will always support it though (Disney is partly owned by Steve Jobs who has ownership through Disney's acquisition of Pixar which Jobs owned), but I think it's one of the Sony/CBS, Fox or MGM releases that don't. Those are always fun as the subset of devices that can play those is very small (who still has a PlaysForSure device? Which doesn't include Zunes). PC use I guess.

The other thing is I like having my videos in a DRM-free format when they're on my computer. I can never tell where or what I'm going to play them on. Of course, I also like having control of my videos (most digital copies lack the bonus features, for example, and no subtitiles and other such things).

If I'm playing on a computer, then I can watch the actual Bluray that I bought. The digital copy is just an awesome bonus that slings extra copies to my ipad, iphone & apple tv.

Chris, you mentioned that once you input the code, you can then download the itunes version...i thought that the movie was actually on the digital copy cd...and you needed the code to validate that you acutally bought it.

Different Blurays do it both ways. Sometimes there is a DVD with an unlock code. Sometimes there is just a coupon code you plug into iTunes that kicks off a download.

Back