"Treaty" Navy

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
I was just wondering what were the conditions that the Kilrathi agreed to following thier surrender?

I ask because, following the war, you never see much of the Kilrathi fleet. You see a Fralthi II and a Corvette. As for fighters, the Dralthi is the work horse of the Kilrathi Fleet, and the Vaktoths have been converted from heavy fighters to multirole fighter/bombers. They have a few scattered shuttles, and a large starbase. Other then that, the Kilrathi seem to have nothing.

Melek tells Blair in WC4 that they dismantled all of their warships. But there are lots of warships remaining in the hands of Kilrathi Warlords or pirates.

When they possess a 22km Dreadnaught I think they might.

Yeah, I'd say so... it honestly seems that the warlords and thier clans had a lot more power then the actual fleet. They seem more like a police force that is completely under equipped.

The "fleet" is kind of a broad statement after the war. While Melek signed the Treaty of Ko-Bar Yagar, many kilrathi looked at him with disdain since he was nothing more than a sidekick to Thrakhath and had no right to exert the power he did. Granted whatever ships he was able to retain control of were scrapped post-war, although they were allowed to keep some ships for defense.

Many of the warlords do have a large amount of power projection. Ragark has quite the fleet in FC, not even counting Vorgath, although they are on the edge of space, so the situation there probably doesn't carry into the more populated central areas.

I ask because, following the war, you never see much of the Kilrathi fleet. You see a Fralthi II and a Corvette. As for fighters, the Dralthi is the work horse of the Kilrathi Fleet, and the Vaktoths have been converted from heavy fighters to multirole fighter/bombers. They have a few scattered shuttles, and a large starbase. Other then that, the Kilrathi seem to have nothing.

The ships we see in Prophecy are not part of the recognized Kilrathi government's fleet - they belong to Cult of Sivar terrorists. Similarly, the Vorghath and the rest of Ragark's forces are (or were - the WCP Guide claims there are no Kilrathi carriers known to exist in 2681) fugitives from Melek's government.

As for what the treaty did... Melek claims that the Kilrathi have dismantled all of their warships - but at another point we hear that Kilrathi shipbuilding will come back online at some point in the future. The Prophecy Guide claims that the (formal) Kilrathi fleet has some leftover corvette-sized ships being held together by skeletonizing decomissioned ships.

I would presume that all of the fleet carriers and all of the heavy cruisers have been dismantled or at least mothballed, but likely a few Fralthi I/II/Fralatha light carriers and some destroyers are still around.

Just out of curiosity, what's the exact phrasing/context on that line? Does it say no Kilrathi Carriers? Or no Kilrathi Carriers in Kilrathi employ?

We're specifically told that there are no known Kilrathi carriers in 2681.

Ah but for what value of "carriers"? Does this mean that there are no dedicated-carrier vessels, but there are destroyers or cruisers that can carry fighters, or does this mean that there are no vessels at all that mount hangars?

Ah but for what value of "carriers"? Does this mean that there are no dedicated-carrier vessels, but there are destroyers or cruisers that can carry fighters, or does this mean that there are no vessels at all that mount hangars?

I think he means no CVs. However, even ranged fighters need a place to park. Don't forget the Hawk says that "they've been raiding our colonies ever since we nuked Kilrah." He may just mean that they jump in, attack and leave, but I'd find it hard to believe that an attack wing would jump en mass and attack. They must have had at least a few ships capable of ferrying fighters.

The 'Kilrathi Assembly of Clans', Chancellor Melek's recognized government, has no ships of the line per the treaty.

Rogue Kilrathi warlords have all sorts of surplus warships, up to and including cruisers (we see the remains of a Sivarist Fralthi II in Prophecy). If there are any surviving Kilrathi carriers out there then the Confederation doesn't know about them - which suggests that Ragark's fleet of light carriers was eliminated at some point between False Colors and Prophecy.

(... except none of this is true anymore - we've forgotten that the Kilrathi built a new Navy to fight the Nephilim.)

A new kilrathi fleet huh? Under Melek's command, or was he ousted? In either case, you say that there are still a small assemblence of cruisers at the time of Prophecy. Would that include Fralthra? (My favorite)

FC shows that some kilrathi warlords have maintained their own fleets. Ragark possesses quite the fleet, even when not counting Vorgath.

I don't recall if S*S mentions Melek's current position, but he still might be in a caretaker role. Double check someone?

A new kilrathi fleet huh? Under Melek's command, or was he ousted?

We don't know, but we hear about the Kilrathi fleet's exploits fighting the Nephilim in Star*Soldier... and, of course, we see their battlecruisers.

In either case, you say that there are still a small assemblence of cruisers at the time of Prophecy. Would that include Fralthra? (My favorite)

Again, those didn't belong to the Kilrathi government - they were Cult of Sivar terrorists.

I don't recall if S*S mentions Melek's current position, but he still might be in a caretaker role. Double check someone?

It's not clear; he's last mentioned in 2675. We do know that the Kilrathi Civil War is ongoing in 2701.

It's not clear; he's last mentioned in 2675. We do know that the Kilrathi Civil War is ongoing in 2701.

Perhaps a causality of Murragh's abortive campaign with Mjnolnir?

It wouldn't surprise me though if he'd been taken out by another Kilrathi because from what we've seen from kil outside is that they do not look highly upon Melek's taking his position of power.

What about live feed from swacs in a briefing for the first mission of WCP, during which we hear this about destroyed Kilrathi fleet: "could have been two maybe three carrier groups"? This is file 0090.vob from WCP DVD

Back