Transferring character to WC1: SM1

jojobah

Spaceman
I recently transferred my character from WC1 to Special Missions 1 (Kilrathi Saga version). But it seems that I can only transfer from saved games in WC1, which would mean that my character is not being credited with kills, medals, etc. from the final battle in WC1, since it isn't possible to save your game after the final battle. Am I missing something? Is there a way to save the game/character after the final battle in WC1? I didn't earn the Medal of Valor in the finale, but if I had, I certainly would want to keep it for the special missions.

Unfortunately, there's no way of keeping the Pewter Planet and the 18 kills that are available on the last mission of the winning track without using an editor to modify your saved game. I prefer not to edit my saved game file, but if you want to do so, there should be an editor here. Of course, if you're patient enough, there's a mission in the later stages of The Secret Missions 2 which will give you the chance to legitimately retain the Medal of Honor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. In the second last mission, to be precise - that way you can 'save' your character with the medal awarded.

Whoops, didn't think about that. Sorry.

Seems that most of the people here have played just about everything WC, or at least don't mind knowing about it in advance if they haven't. I'll keep that in mind next time. It wasn't exactly a big spoiler anyway, IMHO. It just means that the last mission is a bit of an anti-climax (spoiler).

Something interesting I just noticed: The "Pewter Planet" is called the "Medal of Honor" in Claw Marks, but it's called the "Medal of Valor" in the game dialogue.

Thanks. I found the editor and used it to add one to the sorties and I figured I killed 8-10 cats in the finale, so I just added nine to the kills. I didn't add any unearned medals, but I might just try it once to see what the "Pewter Planet" looks like in color.:)

Very pretty... but not much else. You might try looking at the Pleasure planet bartenders' earrings in Privateer, and see if there's any resemblance. :)

Has anyone noticed that in the begining of the SM1 the dates are the same with the begining of Wc1 ??

I just noticed that...damn;)

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Has anyone noticed that in the begining of the SM1 the dates are the same with the begining of Wc1 ??

I just noticed that...damn;)

It's variable... if you start a new game it'll be 2654.110... if you transfer a character it won't.

(SM1 SNES has a date that's wacky for the exact opposite reason!)

Guh? You mean it will start with the WC1 start date when if you load a previous character? That's really odd.

No, there's no way to transfer a character between SNES games... you just start at some really really late date in SM1 (2656.something or so).

LOAF Im talking about transfering a character and I still have the old Dates.....

(Kilrathi Saga) I transfered again my Before-TheLastt Mission character to play with my Major and the dates are the same with the Wc1 begining

Is that with KS? I don't think the transfer programs in KS work that well for some reason. Or was that in WC2?

Well, so long as your character's kills, medals, etc are transferred, the date is relatively trivial, is it not?

I just wanted for the first time to keep the dates of my Wc games so I wanted the exact days, I got some kind of a diary Wedge...

P.S. "Wedge" , is it from StarWars , "WedgeAntilles" ????

Hmm, okay. But LOAF made a brief timeline with as many 'official' dates as possible if that's what you're after.

PS "TCSTigersClaw", is it that illustrious carrier from Wing Commander, "TCS Tiger's Claw"? There's your answer. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOAF wrote that too ?Hmmm If thats true that comes to opposition of the dates he wrote in the Timeline of the Wcnews...

Also...I dont consider in my Timeline the WCM,WCAcademy series and SuperWingCommander....

Wedge , Ididnt noticed that you have that in your signature.Antilles huh ? Great Pilot

Back