Total WC games?

Xi Bowhunter

Rear Admiral
How many total WC games are there? And what platforms are they on?

I didn't even know WC games were made for playstation until yesterday when I bought WC III and WC IV for playstation.

Are there any differences between the PC WC games and the playstation games?

I would really like a list of all the WC games, so I can start collecting them 1 by 1.

How many total WC games are there? And what platforms are they on?

There are six 'main' games: Wing Commander, Wing Commander II, Wing Commander III, Wing Commander IV, Wing Commander Prophecy and Wing Commander Secret Ops. Wing Commander and Wing Commander II each had two addon disks (Secret Missions 1 & 2, Special Operations 1 & 2, respectively.)

There was a spinoff series called Privateer, which had two games (Privateer and Privateer 2) and one addon (Privateer: Righteous Fire.)

... and then there were three one-off spinoffs: Arena (an XBLA game), Academy (a mission builder) and Armada (a strategy/multiplayer game.)

Are there any differences between the PC WC games and the playstation games?

The Playstation games were both ports of the PC version - they featured some changes (slightly higher quality video, alternate missions instead of the 'atmosphere' levels, etc.) Some ports are exactly like the PC versions and others are radically different (Super Wing Commander and Wing Commander 3 for the 3DO are good examples of these.)

Back