Tom Wilson Bouncing Around The Vlogosphere (November 24, 2017)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
As we first reported last year, actor Tom Wilson is doing a pretty good job of maintaining his YouTube Vlog channel. He doesn't post nearly as often as some of the big stars out there, but his video posts are pretty funny and provide interesting insight into what he's got going on in life. The first video below provides a glimpse into his art show, then he's got a new song, and finally he takes his fans with him on a trip to Australia. If any of the famous Wing Commander actors were to do something like this, I'm glad it's the Maniac whose life we get to see!

On a related note, Ismael Lotz recently conducted a short documentary on Mr. Wilson's life. You can rent it on Vimeo for $1.21 Has anyone checked it out yet? What do you think?

--
Original update published on November 24, 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so the Australian bit was only a couple of minutes, but I'm glad that he seemed to enjoy his time here. That 'artwork' is in The Rocks part of Sydney city, I've been through there on my lunch-time walks up to the Harbour Bridge and back to the office... which I never seem to have the chance to do any more (ugh, work). I also recognise the riverside park in Perth, I really like Perth. Some deride it as an overgrown country town, but I like its comparatively laid-back atmosphere and juxtaposition of urban and bush life. Good on you, Tom, for sharing your travels.

Is it just me, or does fame seem like a really annoying/sucky thing to have? I love Mr Wilson's work as Maniac, but I feel sorry that he has to deal with 32+ years of Back to the Future fandom...

I think it's the typecasting in particular that would wear on anybody. How would you only like to be remembered for a couple things you did in the '80s, despite having done plenty of other cool stuff in the intervening time, and have it constantly brought up when you're trying to do anything else in your career?

I think both Mark and Tom have handled it well. If they get tired of having the same people talk to them about the same role over and over again, they don't really show it. Or they make up a fun song about it as a joke.

Back