Tolwyn...like Bush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip Tanaka

Swabbie
Banned
This may be a little controversial, but I have been thinking that in some ways Admiral Geoffery Tolwyn and President George W. Bush jr are alike. What are your thoughts?

definitely not, tolwyn was at one point a good guy, bush has never been and will never be anything but a sleeze

i love how everyone slams Bush. personally, i'm glad it is Bush that is the President. He may not be in the same catagory as FDR, Lincoln, or Washington, but he ain't the worst pres. the US has had, but he sure as hell is doing a better job than Gore would be doing if he was pres.

but to answer the question, no. The only connection i could possibly make btwn the two is Tolwyn wanting to start a war and those who say Bush wants to start a war. the difference btwn the 2 is that Tolwyn was the one starting the war, Bush ain't trying to start a war, he just is doing the UNs job by enforcing the UN resolutions. He comes off looking like he wants to start a war because the world has gotten used to the UN being a gutless organization that won't enforce their own resolutions, and when someone gets into a position of authority that has the guts to follow through on decisions, they get called a war monger.

People have compared Bush with Palpatine, now with Tolwyn. Next perhaps there could be the Tolwyn/Palpatine thread. Blair would be Luke, of course. Who's Darth Vader? Seether? Seether as Luke's father? Oh, how weird.

"Fight well, colonel, I hunger for a true challenge"
"I am your father"

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Angel, duh!

Seriously. I feel that maybe the media have something to do with how Bush is portrayed as a Tolwyn or Palpatine like character. I can't really comment right now, as I'm heading out, but I will when I come back.

of course the media has something to do with how he is portrayed. he is portrayed as a bad person cause the news networks will get more ratings if they do a story on a "bad" person than if they do one on a "good" person. to the news networks, ratings are more important than reporting the news.

Tolwyn was doing what he believed was best for humanity, he was wrong and demented, but well intentioned.

I don't think Bush has those good (albeit warped) intentions. Although his boys have misused a certain Thomas Jefferson quote as well.

A war or conflict to the media is what Spirit waiting on my front doorstep would be for me. NIRVANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! News programes would do just about anything for ratings. Just watch the movie Weatherwoman. :p Actually, how many of you do not, or used to not, watch the news before Sept 11? How many of you are glued to it now?

As for the Bush like Tolwyn issue, I feel that Shrub does care for the people of his country. And he sees countries such as Iraq and North Korea as a threat, and they must be bombed into the ground.

Originally posted by Aries
i love how everyone slams Bush. personally, i'm glad it is Bush that is the President. He may not be in the same catagory as FDR, Lincoln, or Washington, but he ain't the worst pres. the US has had, but he sure as hell is doing a better job than Gore would be doing if he was pres.

Ohh yes im so glad we have someone who is forcing all arab men to be registered, ala jews in germany in 1933 (and you cannot say it isnt a similar thing, not that the conclusion will be the same but this registration with the INS and the detention if you dont register, smells alot like germany of that era). That what books I read will be reported, that the government is creating an organization devoted to spying on the public, that the US government is waging war on the bill of rights. Im happy that bush is leading the charge against my rights and the rights of everyone else in this country, ohh yes of course I am.

(Just to note, yes I am using more sarcasm in writing that little paragraph than I have in well, ever)

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Actually, how many of you do not, or used to not, watch the news before Sept 11? How many of you are glued to it now?

i watched it before and i watch it still, but i'm not glued to it. as for doing anything for ratings, right after 9/11, there was a news reporter in NYC who looked as though she sprinkled dust on her shoulders to make it appear as though she was closer to the 'action' than anyother reporter so people would watch her. at least that's the impression i got.

As for the Bush like Tolwyn issue, I feel that Shrub does care for the people of his country. And he sees countries such as Iraq and North Korea as a threat, and they must be bombed into the ground.

you really can't blame the guy though. after all, 9/11 happened during his presidency, and he'll be damned if it happens again. as for bombing Iraq, N. Korea, and any other threat, he's just making sure that those countries won't be able to threaten the US (and also so history won't accuse him of being soft, but that isn't the main reason, IMO). and also for iraq, he's just following through on the resolutions that the UN passed back after the Gulf War; the same resolutions that the UN doesn't have the guts or whatever to enforce.

Originally posted by Napoleon
Ohh yes im so glad we have someone who is forcing all arab men to be registered, ala jews in germany in 1933

Yeah, it's something similar. But then, America has had this for years. Australia is doing the same thing with migrants and illegal immigrants.

That what books I read will be reported, that the government is creating an organization devoted to spying on the public, that the US government is waging war on the bill of rights.

Well yeah, I can understand why you would feel this way in regard to how the government acts.

right after 9/11, there was a news reporter in NYC who looked as though she sprinkled dust on her shoulders to make it appear as though she was closer to the 'action' than anyother reporter so people would watch her.

The tart didn't actually say she was closer than everyone else, did she?

you really can't blame the guy though. after all, 9/11 happened during his presidency, and he'll be damned if it happens again.

That's true. You think Bush wants blood on his hands for not taking measures he feels, whether they're right or not notwithstanding, are necessary?

and also for iraq, he's just following through on the resolutions that the UN passed back after the Gulf War; the same resolutions that the UN doesn't have the guts or whatever to enforce.

I'll have to look into this one and get back to you.

Ohh yes im so glad we have someone who is forcing all arab men to be registered, ala jews in germany in 1933 (and you cannot say it isnt a similar thing, not that the conclusion will be the same but this registration with the INS and the detention if you dont register, smells alot like germany of that era).

considering that those guys who bombed the WTC in 93 were arab, those guys who bombed our embassies in africa were arab, those guys who bombed the USS Cole were arab, and those guys who flew the planes into the Pentagon and the WTC were arab, and the majority of those arrested in the US on suspisions of terrorist links are arab, i'd be afraid if the government DIDN'T watch the arab community closer.
Hitler didn't have a good reason for picking the Jews. They were just there. Bush's reason is that arab males have a greater chance of commiting a terrorist act than a non-arab male. of all the terrorist attack committed in the US or committed against US property and citizens, the overwhelming majority of those guilty have been of arab descent. now, the fraction of the arab community that have any links to terrorist groups may be small, but compared to other racial groups, that fraction is large. i don't see why the media is getting all hyped up about this; it's been happening for years. the police and gov. will always those with greater risk factors more closely than someone with lesser risk factors. and it's not just the cops and gov. auto insurence is the same way. male drivers under 25 have a greater risk of being in an accident than males over 25 or females. as such, males under 25 are charged more than the other groups.
as for detention if you don't register, the same thing is for selective service. does that mean because we have the draft and that there are penalties for not following the law that we are Nazi america? no.

That what books I read will be reported, that the government is creating an organization devoted to spying on the public, that the US government is waging war on the bill of rights. Im happy that bush is leading the charge against my rights and the rights of everyone else in this country, ohh yes of course I am.

well, you can keep your paranoid fantisies. I'll just say that the reality of the situation isn't as severe as you like to imagine.

and Phillip, i can't remember if she said she was closer or not.

Everybody in this country is registered, except illegal aliens. Its called Social Security. If you commit a crime the government has your prints on file, or even if you have handled a penny(for the more paranoid of us.) If you were born in this country you have a social security number and most of the terrorist actions taken against this country have been by non-citizens, either in this country or not. The only exception to that, which I can think of, was the McVeigh bombing in Oklahoma City.
As to someone knowing that you watch, read, and do. That's impossible. It would require a surveillance force the size of a small country!
You can't really compare Bush to Tolwyn. Tolwyn was a military man who started a war to keep humanity's combative edge sharp. Bush started a war to eliminate a present threat to this country!
Hell Clinton had Bin Laden on a hospital ship and he let him go! This was after the original bombing of the Trade Center, which Bin Laden took credit for. If I had been on that ship I would have shot the bastard and dumped his body over board! The ship's captain contacted Clinton directly and the freakin hillbilly told the captain to let him go!
And quite frankly Gore's mind doesn't seem to be all there. The thought of him being in command during the recent crisis scares the hell out of me. Anyone who wants to say that a hanging chad is not a real vote just makes me want to kick em in the nuts and scream "Stop smoking the pot, dumbass!".
And the UN can't directly backup their sanctions against Iraq. Because they don't have a military force strong enough to back those resolutions, save the US.
The US is the only superpower left with the capacity to wage a war necessary to stop terrorism directed across the globe.
The simple fact of the matter is if someone wants to attack this country, or its allies, then they have to suffer the consequences. As do any people or countries who support and shelter those aggressors.
If we are attacked then obviously our security measures are going to escalate. Any undue surveillance, or profiling, that comes against someone is going to be someone who is not a citizen. Someone who has come here on a passport.
If you haven't noticed I like going on rants.

Originally posted by Ender
I don't think Bush has those good (albeit warped) intentions. Although his boys have misused a certain Thomas Jefferson quote as well.

Was that the speech writers' fault or Bushs'?

I've heard Bush mangle up so much of what he's meaning to saying. If you go to Bushwatch.com someone even went to the trouble of recording a little sound bite of Bush totally screwing up the saying "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." It's so mangled it's not funny. I don't know if Bush is a better prez than Gore, but he definitely does not inspire confidence.

As for the UN, they may be gutless but is being all gung ho really the best solution?

Tolwyn was based after MacArthur. Forstchen said so. End of discussion.

Originally posted by LeHah
Tolwyn was based after MacArthur. Forstchen said so. End of discussion.

Fortschen was thinking on MacArthur when he wrote about Tolwyn. Just that.

Other people wrote Tolwyn on WC2, SWC, WC3, WC4, WCA. Forstchen didn't invent Tolwyn.

That what books I read will be reported, that the government is creating an organization devoted to spying on the public, that the US government is waging war on the bill of rights.

Oh come on! Don't try to rail on Bush about that! The NSA was developed for the sole purpose long before Bush came into office! (Which wasn't a good idea to begin with, and his whole plan to screw us by making more beauracracy with this "Homeland Defense" section is stupid, but it isn't his fault we have a group designed to keep tabs on us.)

Originally posted by Delance
Other people wrote Tolwyn on WC2, SWC, WC3, WC4, WCA. Forstchen didn't invent Tolwyn.

you're right. he didn't invent Tolwyn. his just happen to be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back