To those of you with KS

asher_cross

Spaceman
If anyone with Kilrathi Saga is reading this, I wonder if you could possibly email me the config file for Wing Commander II--Vengence of the Kilrathi?

I'm one of those fans who got WCI from the PCGamer disk, and I'd like to be able to activate the cheat where you are invincible in the first two games without being labeled CHEATER.

If you can, my email address is asher_cross@hotmail.com.

Thank you.

AC

I didn't know that was possible with KS. At least, I can select invincibility, but I do get labeled cheater.
The original DOS version had a cheat like that. You had to start with 'wc2 Origin -k' if memory serves.

Yeah, you can. You can see it in the cheats section of the CIC.

If you rewrite the config files of both WCI and II, you can click on invincibility without being labeled CHEATER.

I tried it with just the first, but it doesn't work.

AC

Originally posted by Unforgiven
I didn't know that was possible with KS. At least, I can select invincibility, but I do get labeled cheater.
The original DOS version had a cheat like that. You had to start with 'wc2 Origin -k' if memory serves.

...I like how, in Descent 1 & 2, if you enabled the cheats, the game would call you "cheater!", and if you enabled the God mode, it would call you "cheater!" again!...

What I liked about say, XvT and Privateer, is that if you chose to cheat, you lost the mission, or lost rank.

I intend to do similar to this with the player files when I get them done for the ECE.

Originally posted by LeHah
Beautiful game, Crusader... :p

"No Regret" is probably one of my all time favorite games , in fact I think its time to kick some WEC ass again.....
Another Origin masterpeice in my opinion.

Darkmage, I have 2 questions:

a)Was that post to me (for KS) or to the other games everyone else is talking about?

b)if so, where is the registry? I can't seem to find it.

AC

Windows Key (ALT-ESCAPE)+R, "regedit"

Not sure the key it's in though. Do a search for something like ksaga.exe

akashra, I tried looking for ksaga.exe in the registry...no joy.

Unless you could remember the key, I'll just have to ask that someone who has Kilrathi Saga copy the config file for Wing 2 and email it to me at asher_cross@hotmail.com. I'll know what to do with it.

Also, I don't exactly have the full game--like I said at the beginning, I got only WCI, from the Classic Games Collection CD from PC Gamer.

AC

Back