Tiger's Claw dates

Supdon3

Kal-El
Just a two for now, what was the date of the final mission in SM2 and what was the date the Claw was destroyed?

Heehee, i thought of another one. Was Tolwyn a Commodore still at the end of SM2 or did he make Admiral yet?

Tolwyn was Vice Admiral during SM2 -- he would soon trade a star for a combat command, as Rear Admiral (Tolwyn was *known* for doing this... they talk about it in the Confed handbook).

The final mission in SM2 (Charon 2) was on 2655.293... (the last *scene* of SM2, with the Kilrathi retreating, was on 2655.315).

The Tiger's Claw was destroyed on 2656.033... articles regarding the destruction of the Tiger's Claw were not declassified until 2656.322.

Wow, so that means Tolwyn went from Commodore, to Rear Admiral to Vice Admiral back to Rear Admiral all in the space of about three years. I guess on the war front these things happen fast. Explains Blair's rise through the ranks :)

Originally posted by Supdon3
Wow, so that means Tolwyn went from Commodore, to Rear Admiral to Vice Admiral back to Rear Admiral all in the space of about three years. I guess on the war front these things happen fast. Explains Blair's rise through the ranks :)

It was to make the player feel important :D

Well, we don't know that he was a Rear Admiral in between... just that he went from being a Commodore to being Vice Admiral, and then to being a Rear Admiral.

Well... characters in WC seem to skip ranks a lot <G> (Tolwyn had *previously* given up stars, though -- so maybe he just got them back for some particular role).

Such “jumps” and “falls” in rank can occur in the U.S. Navy. The various fleet or shore commands usually require someone with the rank of rear admiral or vice admiral, but such commands are not always dished out in accordance with existing rank or seniority. (Probably a good thing.) So if the person “most qualified” for the command is of lower rank, the necessary rank is bestowed forthwith but for only as long as the person holds the command (barring a permanent promotion in the meantime in the normal course).

On a non-related ;) note (since no one has said anything over at tech support), can someone please help me figure out how to transfer characters from SM2 to WC2? Everytime I try it just lists WC1 characters to be transferred. I don't even have a secret missions option. I have the Kilrathi Saga version of the games and downloaded the secret missions.

Thanks a lot.

[Edited by Hobbie on 03-31-2001 at 12:08]

LOAF: Hmmm, I have just a savegame.wld file, not savegame.sm2 file. For Wc2, however I have savegame.so1 and savegame.so2. Kinda odd.

Hmm, it might be called something else... but look through your files, and rename the SM2 savegame fil "savegame.wld" :)

The other .wld files are goblin.wld and and back.wld- is it one of those? I want to be sure before I go screwing around with files.

Whenever you change filenames and file extensions, be sure to always have a backup of the old file...
Copy the original file in a "Backup" folder, and then you can fool around with the original file... :cool:

Well, none of that worked. This sucks cause I wanted to play through the whole game with one pilot (until WC3, at least). It makes no sense why this doesn't work. *frustrated*

Back