Tie Fighter

FlightShtick

Captain
This is a stupid question about an old game that I should know by now, but the first mission, how do I inspect the ships carrying cargo. GOG's version if that helps.

TY guys.

fly within 0.1km of the targeted ship and your ships sensors will tell you the cargo in the MFD, its automatic, no button press needed

the rebels are in the container transport onece 3

its 0.5 for the frigates and up (turbolasers, eeeeeek)
one the first mission, you need to inspect all ships, use the "u" key (target newest) and "t" and "y" to cycle through them, then just fly close to inspect.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out which ships are the ones to inspect, also, anyone know a way to change my keyboard keys just once in game? I love the wing commander setup and now remember that I hated the Tie setup a bit.

Here let me make a pinnacle profile for controls, and thanks guys ill be back once I get a comfy 360 control scheme. :D

Last edited:
Ok guys figured it out, now I just need to now how to change my pitch, not barrel but level myself. :D TY so much for taking the time with such an old game, it's really considerate. Spacers for the win man.

To me their evil hot dogs i can never scan in time, I fly all over the place, left right, im like a bee on drugs. Any advice?

the map will help you keep track of ships, you can use t and y to cycle through targets on the map, then just approach each in turn. Backspace sets speed to full throttle if you need more speed. You can direct laser energy to engines by pressing f9 to cycle through the charge rate. This will give you extra speed, but remember to set it to increased to charge your cannons once rebels show up

Not for nothing, but the strategy guide for TIE Fighter is some of the best reading you'll come across. Its not only the usual tips and tricks but the whole game / plot is broken down into a novelization between each mission. Looks like Amazon has them for less than $1!

http://www.amazon.com/TIE-Fighter-O...30&sr=8-1&keywords=tie+fighter+strategy+guide

And don't worry about asking about "old games" like TIE Fighter. Many of us still have that game memorized! ;)

Pix also has both editions of the strategy guide available as a PDF download at Pix's Origin Adventures. They're pretty hefty in size but worth it if you've got a mobile reader and/or are too cheap to shell out a buck...

A little late perhaps, but here is a video walkthrough of the first mission.

And here is the playlist (walkthrough videos) for the whole game

Back