Tiberian Sun Released for Free (February 15, 2010)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
To promote the upcoming release of Command & Conquer 4, Electronic Arts has released C&C2 Tiberian Sun (and Firestorm) for free! C&C Tiberian Dawn and C&C Red Alert have previously been released as freeware, and a new website has been set up to serve all three games. How freakin' awesome would it be to have an official WC page someday with the tagline 'FREE DOWNLOADS, COMMANDER!'?

Today is a very special day for Command & Conquer fans world-wide, and for some of us, we can call it an early Valentines Day. We might swear the timing is coincidental! As of this moment, you can now officially relive the glory of Tiberian Sun & the expansion pack Firestorm on your PC with our new freeware offerings. And to add greatness to this measure, we've also included our original freeware releases of Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert 1 on one simple, nostalgic, CLASSIC page: www.commandandconquer.com/classic

If you're curious about the download sizes:
  • Tiberian Sun/Firestorm (1.2 GB)
  • Tiberian Dawn GDI/NOD ISO’s (600MB each)
  • Red Alert 1 Allied/Soviet ISO’s (520MB each)
Get set for Command & Conquer 4 by reliving the epic Tiberian saga where it all started. Enjoy Commander!

--
Original update published on February 15, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowzzers! Classics games for free

Who says that you don't get something for nothing. Thats great of EA to release them for free! I had just been looking at that first decade box thingy in game at the weekend and had put it onto my list of stuff to buy. Downloading now!!!

Without even looking, I bet somewhere on the internet someone is attributing these freebies to some eeeeeeeevil plot by EA. :p

(Granted, predicting someone is being stupid on the internet is like predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow morning...)

Without even looking, I bet somewhere on the internet someone is attributing these freebies to some eeeeeeeevil plot by EA. :p

(Granted, predicting someone is being stupid on the internet is like predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow morning...)

Clearly they did it to keep people too busy to buy Final Fantasy XIII. They must still have a beef with Square-Enix since they bought out EA's shares and shut down Square Electronic Arts in 2003.

Let it go, EA, it's been seven years.

From what I have seen on various internet forums Activision seems to be the current target for "Evil"

Back