Thrustmaster Fox 2 Pro POV Hat

carg1

Spaceman
Hey folks, I've tried searching the forum but I can't find a way to get the hat switch on my fox 2 pro to work. All the other buttons work fine, but the switch is basically dead. Is this something I could configure in the vegasstrike.config file or would I have to create a profile in the thrustmapper software?

I would say using the TM software would probably be a lot more user freindly than poking around in the config file.

What exactly are you expecting the HAT to do? What do you want it to do?

Re: Thrustmaster problems

I use that joystick with Privateer and have not had any problems with the hat switch. You'll need to download the Thrustmaster programming software v4.02 from Thrustmaster's website.
Use this software to assign the hat switch to whatever keyboard keys or key sequences you want (I have mine assigned to F1 through F4, so I can quickly look around when needed). The software will let the assignments be game specific which is nice.

Ah, didn't quite understand how to do it before, got it now, thanks! I thought I had to do it through the config. I wanted to set up target cycling, gun selection, autopilot and jumping onto the hat. As much as I'd like to set up all 8 directions...that could get messy with autopilot up there, unless I do some reconfiguring. Thanks again!

Re: How do I use Thrustmaster Utility

Got a private message asking how to set up the hat:

1) Install thrustmaster utility
2) plug in joystick
3) run thrustmaster; a box titled "preset properties" comes up
4) Select "flight simulators" for gaming profile; select vegastrike.exe from priv directory using browse.
5) Click OK; a screen with the picture of the joystick and a list of buttons pops up
6) double click under the "standard" column on the button you want to edit (arrows are hatswitch directions)
7) Press the key that you want to assign to the button or switch direction
8) read the help file

Back