this game, WC Saga, and the truth

I think LeHah ended up being right, though -- this is some HLP troll, not someone with an intelligent opinion. Saga needs to cut this crap.

... in fact, a quick IP search says this is "Lord Yaksha", not some poor anonymous jerk.

Your IP search is wrong. Also, banning people before they have a chance to respond doesn't do much for your arguement.

As for intelligent opinions - they're there. Fact is you don't agree with them and so you opt to ignore them, attempt to insult the poster and then block them before they can correct you in any shape or form.

Notice here how I've managed to respond to you without calling you a jerk, a troll, telling you to get bent or insulting you *in any way*? That's maturity LOAF. Rise above the petty insults and give it a try. If this is the kind of reception the Saga guys get whenever they come here - I could well understand why they don't.

Now here's a challenge - try responding without using a single insult or calling me a single name. See if you can work out Sagas PR issues with them without the whole thing dissolving into a flame war. From what you've shown here, I'm not sure you can. But I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and see if you can prove me wrong about this. I'm looking for an amiable solution so that Saga can get on with doing what they're doing and you can get on with running your community here. It's best for everyone. The name calling and labelling is getting nobody anywhere.

Oh and before I forget, I should say again that Saga *did not ask for me to come here*. I've not had any contact with them. My only interest is that whatever PR problems they're having are resolved so that the mod can be finished more quickly.

Petty insults? What the hell are you talking about? All I told you was that the game is self executing and you went into a hilarious daze that managed to completely establish LeHah's point that you're just some angry young man instead of the disinterested observer you claimed to be. You're a generic troll - a *Freespace* troll, you don't deserve the kindness anyone here has shown you so far.

Quarto said:
but then again, judging from the unique intelligence of your comments in this thread, it's equally possible that you were brought in by Saga in a cunning attempt to win the argument by making us look stupid

Quarto, I *do* make you look stupid - because I'm obviously that much smarter than you. ;)

LeHah said:
Quarto, I *do* make you look stupid - because I'm obviously that much smarter than you. ;)

There's very few that I would consider to be smarter or more articulate than Quarto on these forums...I'll leave it at that.

WC Saga

WC Saga team:

I see the recent post and it appears you guys have been making more progress. I didn't expect to get five pages of posts from my original, and I think looking back on it it was kinda harsh.

What I was really trying to accomplish was to jump start interest in the project, because as others have said it comes down to dedication, despite what real life throws at you. I wish I had the abilities and skills that you guys have and could create a WC game, but I chose different courses of study.

WC was always the one thing that was important to me and nobody else until I found this forum. I can't describe the excitement I feel every time a mod gets announced, and my level of respect for people like Quarto and Eder is huge because they have created something that we all love, and they did it for free. I would've paid $1,000 for Standoff, put I didnt have to.

I was thrilled about WC Saga too, but its been going on for so long with no releases that I was afraid it would eventually become defunct. The real reason behind my post was that I wanted to find out if the project was really still alive, and maybe jump start interest in it once again, from fans and maybe then it's creators, and maybe that's what happened to a certain extent.

Either way, when you guys finish Saga you will have my respect and admiration for life. If you don't finish it, I will be disappointed, but its nothing personal I just will hate seeing anything WC going by the wayside. Good luck on your project.

Oh, and I always knew psych was a tool, just by reading his "Destroyer of Ass-Clowns" fag tag....but damn, he's just a retard for the sake of being retarded, isn't he?

I still think you were just flame bating to get attention. What the hell is your problem with Psych anyway?

Flame baiting or not, it resulted in a pretty good discussion of whats currently right and wrong about Saga.

(Does it seem crazy to anyone else that after 5 years, their campaign script still needs retooling?)

And I like Psych, but I've never understood the Psych related hero worship.

His big response to this guy was...making up a quote. But goddamn if all of you didn't tell this guy he was in for the worst eAssKicking of his life.

@Fleeballs:

Well, I think we all started at a wrong foot here. It was pretty obvious that you were dissapointed (and maybe still are), and that the harsh tone of your post also resulted into some also harsh and not very objective replies from our side.

Let me just say, that we are still working on it (and never thought about stopping that). Just like it was mentioned here somewhere, we know that one of our "problems" is, that we may have redone a few things too often, which is certainly the main cause for all the delays (heck, I think I have now built 4 different ranger-classes, and certainly redid all the other ships 4 times or so).

One problem with such long devoloping times is, that we get better with every finished ship or mission, and then look back at the older stuff and can't see that "crap" anymore, so it must be redone. Damn perfectionism. :D

But we noticed that too of course, and have now decided NOT to redo the finished models another time, even if the artist in us will yell against that. We will now just bring everything on the same level of quality, since there are a few stiles combined, but that's it.

We will show you people some stuff of the current content in the next few weeks, and I hope it will not take that long anymore till it's finished .

Regards

Starman©

Maj.Striker said:
There's very few that I would consider to be smarter or more articulate than Quarto on these forums...I'll leave it at that.

Why thank you Striker. How kind of you!

FleeBalls said:
Oh, and I always knew psych was a tool, just by reading his "Destroyer of Ass-Clowns" fag tag....but damn, he's just a retard for the sake of being retarded, isn't he?

If you knew what I do for a living, you would definately want to take what you said back. I'm sure someone else can fill you in.

If not, standby to standby.

Back