Things weirder than Thrakhath riding TCS Victory as a sleigh..

Wulf

Vice Admiral
I saw that article about the Shrike menorah, and found the comment similar to this thread title quite amusing :p

Actually, I had already thought of something for Thrakhath while I was at work 2 days ago. At RadioShack, one of the carols we have playing is Ashanti singing "Chestnuts Roasting Over an Open Fire." Wouldn't it be funny to see the talking head of Thrakhath lip-syncing it??? Heh, and have scenes from Wing Commander play every once in a while:) I would have the last scene be where Thrakhath gets tractored back aboard as the final "...many times, many ways...Merry Christmas to you" is sung.

Weird, huh? Ok people, I know you can top that, let's hear it!! :D

Actually, I think that would be pretty funny. Or instead of "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" you could have those "meow" synthesizer Christmas songs- or better yet some lion synth sounds if someone had those on a synthesizer.

Or have someone sing "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" with new verses and Chorus. For instance you could have Thrakath explaining to Blair what happened to Angel. "Angel got run over by a reindeer, flying home from Kilrah Christmas Eve. You might say there's no such thing as Santa, but as for me and Grandpa, we believe" since I think the Emporer is Thrakath's Grandpa. You could show him speaking with Blair and the scenes with Blair looking skeptical and pissed off.

Mjr. Whoopass said:
Actually, I think that would be pretty funny. Or instead of "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" you could have those "meow" synthesizer Christmas songs- or better yet some lion synth sounds if someone had those on a synthesizer.

Or have someone sing "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" with new verses and Chorus. For instance you could have Thrakath explaining to Blair what happened to Angel. "Angel got run over by a reindeer, flying home from Kilrah Christmas Eve. You might say there's no such thing as Santa, but as for me and Grandpa, we believe" since I think the Emporer is Thrakath's Grandpa. You could show him speaking with Blair and the scenes with Blair looking skeptical and pissed off.

That'd be hilarious

no ed, your not, but like the shirt says, we dont suffer from insanity, we enjoy every minute of it

Wulf said:
Actually, I had already thought of something for Thrakhath while I was at work 2 days ago. At RadioShack, one of the carols we have playing is Ashanti singing "Chestnuts Roasting Over an Open Fire." Wouldn't it be funny to see the talking head of Thrakhath lip-syncing it??? Heh, and have scenes from Wing Commander play every once in a while:) I would have the last scene be where Thrakhath gets tractored back aboard as the final "...many times, many ways...Merry Christmas to you" is sung.

Weird, huh? Ok people, I know you can top that, let's hear it!! :D

The package may be empty, but the message is clear, pull a stunt like that, and I'll kill you next year! HO HO HO!!!

Actually I would like to do that as a fan project. I could write a verse and sing the song while doing my best imitation of Thrakath and the Emporer while singing over the Kareoke CD. I would just need to team up with someone who's able to do the visual movie work: making Thrakath move to the beat, possibly patching something to make his mouth move in a funny looking way, cutting to the Kilrathi's cheering for the "Send them back! Send them back!" section, and that type of thing. To anyone with some vision, hopefully they can see that some really funny things could be done with it.

It reminds me of when my brother and I made a movie spoofing the Mideval Times dinner and tournaments (for those that don't know that, a glimpse of it is featured in the movie "The Cable Guy"). We sent it in to Mideval Times in Schaumburg Illinios (AKA Chicago) and one of the top executives ended up getting a hold of it. He told us at first he was thinking "what is this Micky Mouse crap?", but as he watched he started laughing until he had tears in his eyes. He ended up inviting us up there with VIP backstage tickets, asked us for ideas of how to improve Mideval Times, and many of the Knights and employees wanted to meet us and make quotes from the movie.

I'm serious in saying I would like to do this project. I think that someone with vision could see it could end up being very funny. So if anyone's good at doing the movie splicing and visual effects, send me a PM, email, or respond to this thread. We can even discuss a non-christmas song for making it an appropriate song year round.

Mjr. Whoopass said:
Actually I would like to do that as a fan project. I could write a verse and sing the song while doing my best imitation of Thrakath and the Emporer while singing over the Kareoke CD.

You know, honestly I dont think it would be that funny.

And in responce;

... Its Treason then...

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 34
Iceyl86 said:
You know, honestly I dont think it would be that funny.

And in responce;

... Its Treason then...
The executive at Medieval Times also didn't think the movie my brother and I made would be that funny. He thought it was going to be a cheesy rinky-dink production (which it was on purpose as a joke). He watched it anyway after it made its way to his desk and laughed his ass off. As I wrote earlier he even invited my brother and I up there with VIP tickets, took us back stage to show us how the show is run, and asked us for ideas for improvement of Midieval Times. They were even discussing the possibility of showing it at company picnics and employees were wanting to meet my brother and I while quoting from our movie.

While I can't guarantee that we'd be invited to the next Chris Roberts movie premier, I can say that it would prob. at the least be interesting. If it's not we can always not show it and it was worth a try- wouldn't be the first WC fan project that didn't pan out. Plus I don't anticipate anyone would force you to watch it if you didn't want to. I'd need someone good at splicing video and they'd have to have a good sense of humor, so it may not happen anyway.

Back