There's Always (A New) Hope (June 26, 2010)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Here's the cover of Issue 42 of the Swedish gaming magazine LEVEL. Last year they published this fabulous cover based on the original Star Wars poster. Everything is replaced by famous video game characters and items. None other than Prince Thrakhath fills in the Chewbacca slot. Space Invaders and Star Fox Arwings replace some of the ships. Does someone else recognize the others?

--
Original update published on June 26, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
The Master Chief of Halo fame replaced Vader. Ulala (I think that's how it's spelled) from SEGA's Space Channel 5 replaced C-3P0. Samus Aran from Metroid replaced Luke Skywalker. Rest I don't know.

I wonder if that easter island scene is supposed to be from Timelapse. It was a myst like game back in the late 90s.

I think Princess Leia is suppose to be Ashley from Mass Effect? Ships from Gradius and Space Invaders. Replacing the Y-Wing is the triangle ship icon from Asteroids.

I wonder if the creature below the Easter Island part is one of the Shofixti from the Star Control games.

The purple-haired girl filling in for Obi-Wan is Nei, from Phantasy Star II (the artist must be a big Sega fan).

Easter Island Heads are trademark Gradius baddies, so they go along with the Vic Vipers above.

The creature below is Fox McCloud, the hero of Star Fox.

And, featuring prominently: The breakout bar from Arkanoid in top left. Now I'll have that music in my head for the rest of the day.
For the Y-Wing replacement I'll raise you a C64 Mercenary glider against your Asteroids triangle...

Ah, and Samus Aran from Metroid is in there somewhere..

The easter island-heads could be from "Super Mario Land", the first Mario game for the Game Boy:

super-mario-land.jpg

4166375875_caabb0faa3_o.jpg

Back