the wing commander iv DVD video glitch just happend in the prophecy DVD

Now...go back to your post and realize you've told us nothing about what you've done or even which version you're using. I'll assume GoG?

Pete's install guide is fine. If you can give us more specific details then perhaps we could help you.

Do they just not play period? Crash to desktop? Sound only? Details.

Yeah.sorry,sorry basicly i'm having the following problem, i start prophecy and the 3dfx logo shows as doen the prophecy logo. Then It goes wrong i get video for a split second(after i changed klite To only use ffshow. Before that It gave me Nothing) i then get two sound beeps No more video. If i klik on alt tap however It is stil visable On the selection screen.alsof my mouse locksup if i try To turn it off.

Last edited:
Much better.

Two more questions. Which OS are you running and which pack did you download from K-Lite? Some of the lighter packages lack a few tools that could be ideal.

Does the prophecy dvd patch support Glide render? I'd go with the OpenGL patch anyway. It's much better all around, includes glide's effects plus some effect's of it's own.
https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/OpenGL_Patch
that patch doesn't work sadly :(. but i think i know what is going on and apearantly the title didn't make it clear enough so let me try again. The rare glitch that happend in wing commander iv to Silverhawk is exactly what happend to wing commander prophecy with me

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm confused, when you said GLIDE, I immediately thought wing commander prophecy (WCV) but your thread and post say WCIV. WCIV is a very different game and different engine.

If it is indeed Prophecy, that glide patch should work! It is community supported, and always recommended over the old d3d render, and the glide one (with nglide). Why doesn't it work? did you make sure to select opengl in the render selector in the launcher?

Ok I'm confused, when you said GLIDE, I immediately thought wing commander prophecy (WCV) but your thread and post say WCIV. WCIV is a very different game and different engine.

If it is indeed Prophecy, that glide patch should work! It is community supported, and always recommended over the old d3d render, and the glide one (with nglide). Why doesn't it work? did you make sure to select opengl in the render selector in the launcher?
it's wcp. I have opengl selected i still don't get any video though. in fact it's worse now it keeps defaulting to desktop and freezing my mouse also it refuses to go to fullscreen :(

Oh good, I must say I would have thought the OpenGL patch to be pretty easy to use, as I have installed it on wide varity of systems, including through wine, and never had any issues. Did it also fix your movie problem?

Back