The WCProphecy Movie Project

Thanks! Here goes (I hope it helps!):

Attachments

• scene21.jpg
    scene21.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 265
maniac89 said:
Thanks! Here goes (I hope it helps!):

does this happen for the whole mission or just the fighter loading scene. If so don't start recording untill you are in the launch tube. Make sure fraps is set to full size and 30FPS. Beyond that, Make sure you turn off interlaced movies in prophecy. Then check all the options in Movie maker. If there is an interlace option turn it off.

The missions are fine, but I should've clearified that it does it on any movie I record in Fraps.
And my FPS is 29.97, so I'll put it to 30.

Thanks for the advice,
The Maniac

I'm not sure I'm understandiny you about exactly when this is happening (the black lines). Briefings and missions are both using the 3d engine. SO it seems it is only the FMV sequences. And you say that the videos do or do not look that way directly from fraps. Is this only after using movie maker (in the produced movie file)? For starters *do not* record the FMV with fraps. Use HCls movie player for that. If for some reason you want to use fraps that way, go into the settings within prophecy itself and make sure it is not playing the movies interlaced. then try recording and see if it still does it.

Ok, thanks for the advice! :)

The Maniac

Edit I turned interlaced video off and it got rid of the black lines!

AD said:
About sound, I don't use movie maker for one. However, when you go to make your movie, it asks you about quality. Chose other and then from the menu pick high quality video. That should ensure a higher bitrate is asigned to the audio as well.

Well, it's been a while since you posted that, but I have a question:
What do you mean by "when you go to make your movie"?

Thanks,
The Maniac

I need you guys' advice:
There is this mission (Mission 5, to be precise) that I am stuck on. I finally give up and complete the mission falied. Is it ok to a have a mission or two failed?

The Maniac

maniac89 said:
I need you guys' advice:
There is this mission (Mission 5, to be precise) that I am stuck on. I finally give up and complete the mission falied. Is it ok to a have a mission or two failed?

The Maniac

I don't think its a problem as long as it isn't a mission that has to be completed to move on.

About "when you go to make your movie": This is really something you should already understand. You are editing clips together in the timeline I assume. SO what I meant was that when you go to compile the final movie file for your project you can choose quality settings then.

Attachments

• movie maker.JPG
    movie maker.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 228
  • mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 206
And on Saturday I will be going away. So production will be down for about a week. I'll have no or limited internet access (Oh no!). Don't miss me too much! :D

The Maniac

I feel silly saying this, considering I understand the concept and everything, but here goes:

When I Save to My Computer,(I'm saving under drive D.) I chose to save it with high quality video(large). I do it, it shows the loading thing for a moment and then says "Windows Movie maker cannot save to the specified location. Please make sure that files in the project are in the folder". They are, and I don't know what to do there! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
The Maniac

it sounds like the source files have been moved or deleted or renamed. Perhaps you should double check the files?

maniac89 said:
I feel silly saying this, considering I understand the concept and everything, but here goes:

When I Save to My Computer,(I'm saving under drive D.) I chose to save it with high quality video(large). I do it, it shows the loading thing for a moment and then says "Windows Movie maker cannot save to the specified location. Please make sure that files in the project are in the folder". They are, and I don't know what to do there! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
The Maniac

First of all, I would strongly recommend ditching Windows Movie Maker for a project of this size. This is not some simple home video editing, if you're serious about this then this would be a full scale editing project that requires something "beefier." So the help advise I'm offering is find something different than you current program because (in my opinion) it's not up to the task.

I have tried PowerDirector in order to get higher video quality at a quicker pace, but for me to convert my already existing part of the movie from Windows Movie Maker to that, would be very time consuming. At the moment I'm trying to find an easier way to do this

maniac89 said:
I have tried PowerDirector in order to get higher video quality at a quicker pace, but for me to convert my already existing part of the movie from Windows Movie Maker to that, would be very time consuming. At the moment I'm trying to find an easier way to do this

Switching the uncompiled patern between editors is near impossible save for remembering which cuts you put where. However if your are satisfied with the quality, you could compile the part of the project you had finished and use that video file as part of the source for your project in Adobe or PowerDirector or what ever else you decide to use.

Some video editing softwares have something like EDL files (Edit list) that lets you transfere cuts from one software to another. It can have different names...I know it as EDL.

Back