The WCProphecy Movie Project

AD said:
This is prophecy? Are you using the glide wrapper? If so what happens if you switch back to D3D? Is it just in movie maker? Does it do it when you play the clips by themselves in media player?

It is Prophecy, but it's just when I play them in Movie Maker. It doesn't do it when I play them in the media player (Windows Media Player).

maniac89 said:
It is Prophecy, but it's just when I play them in Movie Maker. It doesn't do it when I play them in the media player (Windows Media Player).

Ok, here's what you need to do. Take two short clips in Movie maker, and so a simple splice (put one after the other in the timeline) and do a quick encode of your move. If the resulting movie file plays fine in media player without color distortion than you can ignore this bug. If not, you may need different editing software.

I suppose there is the posssibilty that some setting within movie maker might fix it too, but I don't personally use it so I'm not familiar with all the options. I will see if I can recreate the error on my PC though.

Yeah, thanks for the advice, but I don't know how to encode movies. I'm not that too familiar with movie maker, too.

maniac89 said:
Yeah, thanks for the advice, but I don't know how to encode movies. I'm not that too familiar with movie maker, too.

Like I was saying, this is an absolutely critical foundational skill that someone leading a Prophecy Movie Propject must have. You need to start plugging words like "movie encoding," "video codec" and "audio compression" into Google and spending a whole bunch of time learning this stuff that will be absolutely vital to doing a god job on this.

maniac89 said:

If you click on the tools menu and choose options. and then the advanced tab you can select things like a 16:9 aspect ratio. But the last tab is called compatiability. There you can disable various directshow filters and codecs. It's possible one could be conflicting and disabling it may fix the color problem you would need to experiment a little there I guess. I havent tested any prophecy stuff but all the stuff I captured from wc4 works fine in movie maker.

One thing you do need to do is check out the tasks window. everything is layed out for you. It can pretty much walk you through what you nee to do. section 3 is "finish movie" (though I prefer english movie:p ) YOu need to click "save to my computer" and then it walks you through a few choices like file name, where you want to save it, and even to some degree the quality you want to save it as. Either way section four, under tasks, has a bunch of tutorial stuff you should read.

Uhhh . . . slight problem here:
I did what you said, and as I already said, it worked. The color is fixed, but the screen size is sufficently smaller and there are lines running through the scene. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
The Maniac

maniac89 said:
Uhhh . . . slight problem here:
I did what you said, and as I already said, it worked. The color is fixed, but the screen size is sufficently smaller and there are lines running through the scene. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
The Maniac

What exactly did you do? Is this in the preview window or in the final product?

What do you mean my lines? Can you make a screenshot?

Yeah, I should have said that . . .
What I did was set the Video Properties to (the video format being) PAL, and (the aspect radio being) 4:3. It's in both the preview window and the final product. What I mean by lines is that I can see the scene, it's just that there are numerous black lines running through it. I can make a screenshot.

Hope that helps - - -

The Maniac
_________
P.S. AD, how to you edit your video so it sounds better? (I know, simple question)

maniac89 said:
Yeah, I should have said that . . .
What I did was set the Video Properties to (the video format being) PAL, and (the aspect radio being) 4:3. It's in both the preview window and the final product. What I mean by lines is that I can see the scene, it's just that there are numerous black lines running through it. I can make a screenshot.

Hope that helps - - -

The Maniac
_________
P.S. AD, how to you edit your video so it sounds better? (I know, simple question)

About the video, a screenshot would be good. It sounds like somehow it's interlacing it on you, in which case I need to see a a screenshot. Does it go away if you choose NTSC?

About sound, I don't use movie maker for one. However, when you go to make your movie, it asks you about quality. Chose other and then from the menu pick high quality video. That should ensure a higher bitrate is asigned to the audio as well.

AD said:
in which case I need to see a a screenshot. Does it go away if you choose NTSC?

About sound, I don't use movie maker for one. However, when you go to make your movie, it asks you about quality. Chose other and then from the menu pick high quality video. That should ensure a higher bitrate is asigned to the audio as well.
Thanks for that!
And it only goes away when I do 4:3 and PAL. And how do I post a screenshot?

The Maniac

P.S. And if you don't use movie maker, what do you use?

maniac89 said:
How do I post a screenshot?
If you don't have attachment privileges at the CIC yet , then you ca nuse the img tag in your reply to have your post display a picture from an external URL

P.S. And if you don't use movie maker, what do you use?

I mostly use Power Director 4 and Virtualdub. Plus I have the Pro DivX 6.1 codec.

maniac89 said:
BTW, what do you use to record video?

I thought it was clear that I use the free version of Fraps to capture gameplay video.

Just curious, how long should the running time be for something like this?

Thanks in advanced,
The Maniac

maniac89 said:
Just curious, how long should the running time be for something like this?

Thanks in advanced,
The Maniac

I would aim for 100 - 140 minutes but you would have to judge the final product. If it feels to long, figure out where to trim.

AD said:
I would aim for 100 - 140 minutes but you would have to judge the final product. If it feels to long, figure out where to trim.

Yeah, I was thinking in that range too . . .

The Maniac

Sorry, I've been meaning to post a screenshot, but I just tried, but my screen shot is 900 kb's big, which exceeds the limit by 700!
Why is it so big?

The Maniac

maniac89 said:
Sorry, I've been meaning to post a screenshot, but I just tried, but my screen shot is 900 kb's big, which exceeds the limit by 700!
Why is it so big?

The Maniac

Did you make the screenshot with the free version of fraps? It only saves as BMP unless you buy the full version. That really isn't a problem though because you can just "save as" in paint as a jpeg and it should be closer to a forum friendly size.

Back