The WC4 'Price Of Freedom' Movie Project

ok, thanks it seems to be working, however do you know how large the file is, i am at 3.17GB and it has not stopped

ok, i am not sure why this does not work for me, i installed "getitrght" i still cant download this movie. i am a huge fan and would love to watch it.
each time i try, it again takes 1 second (even after i right click and select save as).
is there another mirror or some place else i can grab it? or am i doing something wrong

ok, i am not sure why this does not work for me, i installed "getitrght" i still cant download this movie. i am a huge fan and would love to watch it.
each time i try, it again takes 1 second (even after i right click and select save as).
is there another mirror or some place else i can grab it? or am i doing something wrong

Are you sure you are using the right link?

Make sure it's this one: http://download.wcnews.com/files/wing4/wing_commander_4_movie_extended_queeg.avi

ok, sorry to have a walk through, if i have "getitright" installed, i right click on the link, select "save target as" and choose a folder on the desktop. Is "getitright" supposed to kick off automatically, or do i have to open "getitright" then paste the link in the "url donwload". i have tried that but agian it does not download. Maybe this link is only a view as mode, meaning you can not download it, only watch the movie online?

ok, sorry to have a walk through, if i have "getitright" installed, i right click on the link, select "save target as" and choose a folder on the desktop. Is "getitright" supposed to kick off automatically, or do i have to open "getitright" then paste the link in the "url donwload". i have tried that but agian it does not download. Maybe this link is only a view as mode, meaning you can not download it, only watch the movie online?

if getright doesn't open automatically, right-click and then hit copy shortcut. Paste that into getright and the download should start. Are you sure you don't have some kind of firewall that might be interfering?

THAT"S IT!!!! i got it. thank you!!!!
i was finally able to download the movie. it was "right click, save shortcut" and i pasted that into GetItRight.

Thank you, tonight i will watch it. thanks again.

sending this to thank all those who asssited with how to download the WC4 movie project. watched the entire movie last night, all three hours of it and really enjoyed it. it was great to see all the segments together. thanks again.

Hello, I tried to download the Price of Freedom movie and am having trouble. I keep getting proxy message errors and things like that, as though the file isn't there. If anyone might have an idea of what is going on or where else to go to get the file or just know the situation that would be great. I am however having no problem download the Heart of the Tiger movie.

Knowing the exact error message might help. In the meantime, you could try a download manager like Getright or Download Accelerator Plus.

When I try to download the file to my computer it cuts off automatically at 803 k/b, and I'm not getting the message now but before I believe it said Proxy error 503 or something of that sort.

Did you try a download manager? It could be too big for your browser to save neatly.

I'm actually using GetRight as we speak and used it for WCIII, GetRight is just amazing. I also have to say that The Heart of the Tiger came out very well. The Price of Freedom has always been my favorite so I'm glad I ended up watching 3 then 4, it just wouldn't have been as sweet.

Alright, so I have to say, I downloaded The Price of Freedom and watched it from start to finish. It brought me back to childhood, recalling the memories of playing over and over to get the different scenes. I love the way it came out, had my eyes on it every frame. Forget that I played it at least 47 times in my life, I still get so drawn into the story. A tear still builds everytime I see Vagabond take that round to the chest and become depressed whenever I see the perfectly devious Tolwyn after his demise.

A Prophecy project would be cool. Also, just a suggestion for the flight scenes, Saga recently released WC4 Models. So if you were to take those, you could recreate all the missions shown in the Movie.

Just saw the movie again, this time with my brother who was seriously into the games as well, though not so any more (growing up I guess). He was hesitant to spend some 3 hrs of his life to see something he may not like as much as he did when he was younger. It took several months of nagging him about it. Today I talked him into it, saying that the fun of the movie segments was preserved through clever editing, and afterward he was glad he got to see it, he said it was fun to see those great scenes again in the context of a big budget film. Though there are still some major holes and parts that are awkward, we got to fill in the holes with our imagination. Watching these fine actors playing those parts like they actually became the characters remains to this day totally cool!

Oh, and I enjoyed it immensely as well. It still beats the hell out of that forgettable 1999 crapfest. It's one of the first videogames that made playing games look awesome.

Hoping to finally one day see the revised cut, if Queeg's still interested in it that is.

I have been trying to learn how to use Lightwave to produce some good action scenes using 3D models. Unfortunately I haven't made a lot of progress, the few missions I was working on in 3DS Max don't look all that comparable to the CGI scenes in WC4. I was thinking of trying to team up with someone like gr1mre4per who had some really great results from Lightwave.

I'd really love a proper full length WC4 film with no plot holes, good gripping action filled missions etc. However, I can't possibly do that by myself. It's great that people are still interested in the Movie though :).

Would like 2 help...

But, im totaly wasted right now and the second problem is that I don't know... Shit forgot what I wanted 2 say. Yeah I remember now, I'm not good at movie editing. Thou it would b fantastic 2 b part of it though.

But, im totaly wasted right now and the second problem is that I don't know... Shit forgot what I wanted 2 say. Yeah I remember now, I'm not good at movie editing. Thou it would b fantastic 2 b part of it though.

Grrr... people who get on the internet to say they're smashed get on my nerves. You get on Vent so everyone can hear you... and laugh at you...

Back