The WC3 'Heart Of The Tiger' Movie Project

Queeg, I'm using uTorrent and it says it's downloaded 6 gb or some crazy thing like that.
Is it somehting that I'm doing wrong or is it soemthing with the client?

maniac89 said:
Queeg, I'm using uTorrent and it says it's downloaded 6 gb or some crazy thing like that.

:S I'm not familiar with uTorrent, maybe it's downloaded a lot of rubbish data?

maniac89 said:

You might be looking at uploads (other people downloading from you)

Great job!

This is definitely an improvement, though the first is still a great achievement.

And thank you for adding the 'God, I love that boy's spunk!' :D

Makes me wonder if there was anyway to take Flint over Rachel and still get her in the shuttle.

I also noticed the shuffling of some scenes (ie. Hobbes' holo after getting smoked by Blair instead of before in the first movie), but it's still a good contrast.

Hope to see more of your work soon.

Wonder if you'd make movies of WC1 and WC2 (along with their respective Secret Missions and Secret Operations). :cool:

Padawanmage said:
This is definitely an improvement, though the first is still a great achievement.

And thank you for adding the 'God, I love that boy's spunk!' :D

Makes me wonder if there was anyway to take Flint over Rachel and still get her in the shuttle.

I also noticed the shuffling of some scenes (ie. Hobbes' holo after getting smoked by Blair instead of before in the first movie), but it's still a good contrast.

Hope to see more of your work soon.

Wonder if you'd make movies of WC1 and WC2 (along with their respective Secret Missions and Secret Operations). :cool:

Yes I took into account your message on the news discussion board

padawanmage said:
I *was* looking for the quick reply by Eisen where Blair is rarin' to go and he says, "God, I love the guy's spunk!" ;-)

I never really got on with the original wing commander 1 & 2 games....So I don't plan on making films out of those. I do hope to do more video work with wing commander in the future though. Thank you for your input :)

Oh and glad to hear the bittorrents working Maniac

Queeg said:
Yes I took into account your message on the news discussion board

I never really got on with the original wing commander 1 & 2 games....So I don't plan on making films out of those. I do hope to do more video work with wing commander in the future though. Thank you for your input :)

Oh and glad to hear the bittorrents working Maniac

I'm also trying to download the ISO of the movie using Bittorrent, but it looks like there aren't any seeders. Is there another way to get this?

Padawanmage said:
I'm also trying to download the ISO of the movie using Bittorrent, but it looks like there aren't any seeders. Is there another way to get this?

Not really, I'm seeding but when ever someone gets the whole file they just close the torrent client, so there's only one seed.

I'm at about 86% right now, so when it's done I'm really gonna try and leave the client open. :)

I managed to squeeze in some time to speed-watch the second (extended) version today. Nice job for the most part (off the top of my head, I like the way you got Blair to say all three wingmen for the Kilrah mission).

I haven't read through the thread, but I take it the green bar at the bottom cannot be removed? Also, I take it the jerkiness of some gameplay scenes (eg taking off from the Victory) is due to the use of DOSBox emulation and the strain on the CPU that causes?

Finally, if I may make a suggestion, I would advise using a smaller font size for sub-titles, and also something that is sans serif. Also, it would really, really, help the overall professional feel if there weren't so many spelling mistakes. I understand if English isn't your first language, but there are several mis-spelt names in the credits too.

Anyhow, that's just my little suggestion. Despite the constraints on my time, I found myself compelled to watch more of the movie than I felt I had the time for. :)

Wedge009 said:
I managed to squeeze in some time to speed-watch the second (extended) version today. Nice job for the most part (off the top of my head, I like the way you got Blair to say all three wingmen for the Kilrah mission).

Despite the constraints on my time, I found myself compelled to watch more of the movie than I felt I had the time for. :)

I have to agree with you there wedge.

I mean, this was pretty good. Esp. how Flint died at the end. Awesome bit of finality on her character. Also, where did you get those amazing animations of the planet scenes, spectacular stuff.

Iceblade said:
I have to agree with you there wedge.

I mean, this was pretty good. Esp. how Flint died at the end. Awesome bit of finality on her character. Also, where did you get those amazing animations of the planet scenes, spectacular stuff.

:) The planet clips were used in the PSX version of the game because it was you couldn't do ground missions, so they had a video instead. I was going to have Blair search for Flint's escape pod but I think there was enough spaceflight already.

to say it with lord vaders words: Most Impressive! :)

I'm not sure if I missed it in this thread but how did you capture the movies from the PSX version?

Hey, I'm back. looking foward to the new version. I'll hit you back with some comments.

I look forward to that :)

Death Angel said:
to say it with lord vaders words: Most Impressive! :)

I'm not sure if I missed it in this thread but how did you capture the movies from the PSX version?

Hey thanks :) glad you got to see it. To capture the videos I ran a playstation emulator that loaded the discs, then used Fraps to record the game.

Hi, I'm new here at these boards but already I'm witnessing some awesome things being worked on or been completed in some way or another. Just yesterday I've downloaded the WC3 movie by Queeg and I must say you did a fantastic job.

I only saw the first 15 or so minutes but boy, this brings back sweet memories. In 1994, I was 19 when I played my first WC game, third in the series but I still remember being absolutely hooked by the stunning movie segments and the high quality acting. You can understand my amazement when I discovered this forum and somebody had actually made a movie out of the gameplay bits and combined it all with the cutscenes. While watching that intro I was literally gasping in awe and admiration at the work that has been done by Queeg. Video and audio quality is much better than I can remember while playing the game (I downloaded the AVI file).

I will watch the entire movie soon in the company of my younger brother who also enjoyed this game (and 4, of course) immensely and would kill to rewatch these movies but has a hard time going back actually playing it. Already I can tell the viewing time of 2+ hours will be well spent. Queeg I want to congratulate you on the stunning endresult. Will be watching the movie very soon, I promise.

Hey the WC3 movie was great fun to watch.

If you have the time I'd love to see a small movie made of the losing tree when Blair has to face the kilrathi amada at Earth and later gets captured and disembowled by the Prince Thrakath. That was a great scene and one I'd love to see again.

Hey thanks everybody, I love reading your comments and I'm glad it's bringing back fond memories of this classic game. I've just updated my editing software to work with Vista so who knows, I might start playing around with the archieved footage, maybe come up with one last clean up and call it a day on this project. Hopefully someday there will be a fanmade version of this film with CGI and it will be recognised as a real movie.

Back