The WC3 'Heart Of The Tiger' Movie Project

Thanks for the updates, Queeg! :)

The trailer is nicely done, often complimenting the music tempo and beats, while using a number of scenes not used in previous WC3 music videos and compilations.

Which application are you using for your WMV encoding? Your video editor? Windows Movie Maker 2? Windows Media Encoder? Depending on the level of codec configuration allowed in the application, there should be an option to encode WMV videos as progressive frames, which should illiminate the interlacing that is present in fast-motion scenes.

Cheers,

Bryn

BrynS said:
Thanks for the updates, Queeg! :)

The trailer is nicely done, often complimenting the music tempo and beats, while using a number of scenes not used in previous WC3 music videos and compilations.

Which application are you using for your WMV encoding? Your video editor? Windows Movie Maker 2? Windows Media Encoder? Depending on the level of codec configuration allowed in the application, there should be an option to encode WMV videos as progressive frames, which should illiminate the interlacing that is present in fast-motion scenes.

Cheers,

Bryn

The same program to edit the files, ulead videostudio. The options in the wmv profile have 'allow interlaced output' disabled. Unfortunately this is on the source files where epsxe has lagged while capturing, I can remove this later though as I have on many clips already. Thanks for the feedback Bryn:)

I'm off to my uncles house in a couple of hours so I guess I'll see you all later.

Okay, the standard version is complete! I am seeding a torrent and it seems to have loads of downloads already so my bandwidth is pretty flooded. It shouldn't be too much trouble downloading as the peers have quite a bit of the file already.

Anyway not to bore you with all the details but you can download the full complete film torrent here - http://www.mininova.org/tor/410829

Thanks for the update, Queeg -- you've obviously been busy! :D

I'm almost finished torreting the file and will continue to seed for the next few days when I'm online. I'll probably watch the whole film in one sitting over the weekend and then post some feedback here.

Cheers,

Bryn

BrynS said:
Thanks for the update, Queeg -- you've obviously been busy! :D

I'm almost finished torreting the file and will continue to seed for the next few days when I'm online. I'll probably watch the whole film in one sitting over the weekend and then post some feedback here.

Cheers,

Bryn

Thank You! It's up to 12 seeds now, fingers crossed that they stay.

alright its finished, the extended version of the film. This version features over 30 minutes of extra footage along with some minor audio fixes and basically a few bobs and whistles.

Here is the link for the torrent: http://www.mininova.org/tor/414920

Well my work is done, I certainly hope those that download enjoy watching it. I may make an alternative ending version in the future as I mentioned before. However, It shouldn't be expected any time soon, I need a break :).

Anyway, now I'm looking forward to watching AD's WC4 movie, hopefully it will be finished soon.

Awesome! I won't download it now because of my sound card problems, but I think it's really great when people do this kind of stuff for the community.:)

Dyret said:
Awesome! I won't download it now because of my sound card problems, but I think it's really great when people do this kind of stuff for the community.:)

:) I hope in future there will be movies for all the wing commander games. Maybe they can get an actor who looks like a young version of Mark Hamill haha. Anything is possible....

Queeq you have done a great job on all three versions. It makes me wonder if I should bother with a cut of my own now. I was shocked you made some changes in your two versions (not schooling Flash; Blair not getting drunk; Blair losing the first mission; etc..) I haven't had enough time to watch the movies all the way through -- but I played WC3 so many times that I have the plotline memorized from the game. Again Queeq, great job man.

If I did a version, however, my cut would be kind of like this.

- Some of the "choice" scenes can be easily mixed together. Like Blair challenging Vagabond about his "record," but then trying to ease the tension by giving the "HQ is as mysterious as the enemy" -- in that case it works. With Vagabond it seems like you need to challenge him a little bit, and then you both earn respect.

- Palidian offers Blair to hit him. Palidian thinks he won't turns away, Blair busts him one.

- Blair needs to soft touch and hard sell Vagabond's release to the Captain.

- Blair grounds Flint, but later is challenged by her when he gets drunk. A few edits with the footage, Blair backs down from Flint and admits she's right.

-Blair ejects during said mission - which includes Eisen screaming "DO YOU THINK I GOT ELVES BUILDING SHIPS!?!?!?!?"

- Blair schools Flash over and over again.

SCENES I AM NOT SURE WHERE I'D GO WITH:

- When Blair first meets Flint -- I'd either "go with my gut" on her; or ask her for suggestions and then blast her with the "go with my gut" line in a edit.

- Rachel might be "cannon," but I was in love with Flint as a teenager. Flint gets picked, Blair just goes his own weapon specs. Then either Flint surives and flies home with Blair; or is killed over Kilrah.

- Blair goes after Hobbes, but in my version -- he finds him part of a patrol outside the astroid field before the Kilrah jumppoint. Editing the early speeches of Hobbes -- Blair and Hobbs dogfight solo. Blair then challenges Thrackath cloaked before taking him out. Leaving Veqetto to be blown out at Kilrah instead of earlier.

May never do a version.

Queeq you have done a great job on all three versions. It makes me wonder if I should bother with a cut of my own now. I was shocked you made some changes in your two versions (not schooling Flash; Blair not getting drunk; Blair losing the first mission; etc..) I haven't had enough time to watch the movies all the way through -- but I played WC3 so many times that I have the plotline memorized from the game. Again Queeq, great job man.

- Some of the "choice" scenes can be easily mixed together. Like Blair challenging Vagabond about his "record," but then trying to ease the tension by giving the "HQ is as mysterious as the enemy" -- in that case it works. With Vagabond it seems like you need to challenge him a little bit, and then you both earn respect.

- Palidian offers Blair to hit him. Palidian thinks he won't turns away, Blair busts him one.

- Blair grounds Flint, but later is challenged by her when he gets drunk. A few edits with the footage, Blair backs down from Flint and admits she's right.

-Blair ejects during said mission - which includes Eisen screaming "DO YOU THINK I GOT ELVES BUILDING SHIPS!?!?!?!?"

- When Blair first meets Flint -- I'd either "go with my gut" on her; or ask her for suggestions and then blast her with the "go with my gut" line in a edit.

- Rachel might be "cannon," but I was in love with Flint as a teenager. Flint gets picked, Blair just goes his own weapon specs. Then either Flint surives and flies home with Blair; or is killed over Kilrah.

- Blair goes after Hobbes, but in my version -- he finds him part of a patrol outside the astroid field before the Kilrah jumppoint. Editing the early speeches of Hobbes -- Blair and Hobbs dogfight solo. Blair then challenges Thrackath cloaked before taking him out. Leaving Veqetto to be blown out at Kilrah instead of earlier.

May never do a version.

fg76 said:
Queeg you have done a great job on all three versions. It makes me wonder if I should bother with a cut of my own now. I was shocked you made some changes in your two versions (not schooling Flash; Blair not getting drunk; Blair losing the first mission; etc..) I haven't had enough time to watch the movies all the way through -- but I played WC3 so many times that I have the plotline memorized from the game. Again Queeg, great job man.

Wow fg76, interesting post here. I'm sure many of us at CIC would be interested to see your desired version of the film, I know I would. Originally it was planned that the flash challange would be in the extended film, but I felt that he wasn't important enough to the story and was slowing the pace of the film down.

In the book flash actually does join the victory, but sadly dies later. I thought it would be better if he just left instead since there are so many deaths in the film already. Also thats why Blair doesn't get drunk, in the book he actually says to Rachel he wants company. Same reason goes for him failing the first mission, all in the book :).

I didn't think of mixing two choices together, It would make the conversations less predictable for people who have played through the game countless times. Oh and the flint scene, It was planned to have the scene after he doesn't fly drunk and flint gives a speech on how strong he is. The scene was cut since it didn't blend in, however, I did want to have the after drunk scene and have him listening to her. But I had changed quite a bit from the book already and didn't want to make the story too different.

May never do a version.

Ah now this is interesting, I planned to pick flint for Blair but then have her getting fried on the kilrah mission, so that it would explain why he is all alone in wing commander IV. In the end I decided that he should pick Rachel for two reasons: -
1. As usual thats the way it is in the book
2. I always liked the concept of him picking his mechanic to be with instead of a pilot like him. Also I found flint a bit annoying.

I'm not sure I understand your version of going after Hobbes. You want him to fight Hobbes and then Jump to kilrah and then kill thrakath? This would certainly be interesting, I'm not sure how this would work though. You could edit the cobra dying scene so its just after the final mission briefing and edit out captain Eisen saying "were almost Alcor V". It would be nice to see vaquero alive though at the end.

Thank you so much for your input and saying I did a great job :D. You're the first person to actually leave feedback on my movie and I'm very grateful :)

if anyones still interested you can download a DVD image of the extended movie that can be burned straight to DVD. You can download this via torrent.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/431675

This is most likely the best quality version of the new film, from my point of view the quality is the best compared with the AVI. It's a bit steep at 4.38gb's but its great for burning straight to a regular single layer dvd with no settings needed.

Great! Thanks! I will try to download it.
Any chance that someone with good photoshop skills can create a nice cover for standard DVD keep cases?

darn, should of made one and packaged it with the torrent, oh well. I'm not very good at photoshop anyway....

Queeg said:
if anyones still interested you can download a DVD image of the extended movie that can be burned straight to DVD. You can download this via torrent.

This is most likely the best quality version of the new film, from my point of view the quality is the best compared with the AVI. It's a bit steep at 4.38gb's but its great for burning straight to a regular single layer dvd with no settings needed.

Wha hoo! I'm at 14%!

There are times I wish the bloopers didn't have that tracking number, because I swear if I did a movie I'd have this in there as a serious scene with the proper editing.

Admiral: Ah the legendary Colonel. Its a pleasure.
Blair: Ready to add to the legend now that you're here.
Admiral: The same asshole Colonel.
[cut to wideshot]
[back to closeup]
Admrial: Well I brought my cook along . . . .

maniac89 said:
Wha hoo! I'm at 14%!

Cool Maniac!

fg76 said:
There are times I wish the bloopers didn't have that tracking number, because I swear if I did a movie I'd have this in there as a serious scene with the proper editing.

Admiral: Ah the legendary Colonel. Its a pleasure.
Blair: Ready to add to the legend now that you're here.
Admiral: The same asshole Colonel.
[cut to wideshot]
[back to closeup]
Admrial: Well I brought my cook along . . . .

Maybe, although I thought it sounded a little strange in his english accent :p

Queeg said:

4.38GB?! Dang my DVD-Rs are only 4.37GB. By the way, what did EA say about your project?

Karthik@KANE said:
4.38GB?! Dang my DVD-Rs are only 4.37GB. By the way, what did EA say about your project?

well I didn't tell them, oh and according to bitcomet it is 4.37 :S

Back