The WC3 'Heart Of The Tiger' Movie Project

I am now about 27 minutes in. Last scene is the one where Rachel offers to get you into the cockpit of the Excalibur. I cut out like two missions or more, so that there's more footage in-between missions. Thus far, the only missions in the movie are the first one, and the one where the Skipper Missle is first introduced. I am expecting to only have half or less of the missions in the movie, actually. I also moved a few minor things around, the Skipper mission comes right after Blair meets Flash, and when he gets back he has the talk with Rachel. To give some offscreen time for her run-in with him and stuff.

Queeg said:
does the playstation version of WC3 have better quality video?

Beckmen said:
The PSX version actually has pretty bad video and HORRIBLE loading time, which is why I never got it. The 3DO version is really good for loading, and the video is as far as I know, the best out there.

The video in the PSX version of *WC4* is noticably poor, expecially compared to the PC and PC-DVD versions of the game.

However, The PSX version of *WC3* has video that is much better than the PC version. As far as I know the PSX wc3 has video thats fairly comparable to the 3DO version. (see a sample that I did here: http://download.wcnews.com/files/wing3/wc3psxhobbes.avi ) IIRC it was done off the same re-compression from the masters that they did for the 3DO version.

As far as load times go, their pretty inconsequential when running it in XP using an emulator like ePSXe.

I tried to get ePSXe to work, but I am doing something wrong. I was going to use it to play Wing4. Guess I'll have to just use my PS2.

I think I am done with the first disc of the Wing3 movie project. Total running time is 40 minutes, the last scene is the Locanda Bio-Weapon briefing.

Queeg, I'd really like to watch that movie too, but the second part seems to have been deleted from sendspace. Could you take the trouble and upload it to a megaupload space? I'd very much appreciate that.

Queeg said:
that video completely crashed my computer

I doubt it's the video. It's just a divx. The other thing is that you should right-click and choose "save target as" and then play it after it finishes downloading.

I didn't crash mine, but the audio/video was out of sync and there were a lot of drop-outs in the video and stuff. But that's just my ancient computer's fault.

AD said:
I doubt it's the video. It's just a divx. The other thing is that you should right-click and choose "save target as" and then play it after it finishes downloading.

thats exactly what I did, I wouldn't try to stream an avi :rolleyes:

criticalmass said:
Queeg, I'd really like to watch that movie too, but the second part seems to have been deleted from sendspace. Could you take the trouble and upload it to a megaupload space? I'd very much appreciate that.

Sure I'll upload it overnight and post it in the morning. It's good you asked now cause I'm going on holiday/vacation tomorrow. :)

AD said:
Does catscratch die? Yes. I believe it's that way in the novel.

Yes, Catscratch died in the book, although he got killed when the Lexington was destroyed, instead of due to a stupid move brought on by Maniac's foolish advice.

Personally, I believe this was due to book constraints over plot preference; many of the missions were skipped, and I expect either the publishers or the authors decided that dedicating a chapter to Catscratch's fate was just too much text.

Same thing goes for Vagabond, who they decided to keep alive.

Of course, I could be wrong, as somebody might have felt that Maniac got a bad rep in the game so decided to make him into a badass hotshot, what with his sticking a laser pistol in Seether's ear and twisting, along with quite a few other things, and just didn't want to make him out as a putz.

... Oh , ooooo !!! ... T T ... this should be real S-class blockbuster movie ...
... not to be other pilgr version ... ... ...

... Me always thought that one of symbols of Nordics (ofcourse including Russians & Ukrainas) ...
... should be Tiger rather than Lion , one of the main reason is that Lion was once the main ...
... and widely used symbol of the authorities of Old Oriental Cultures ...

I have some questions for you experts...

1: After Ariel, what system do you jump into if you win the Ariel campaign? Caliban, right?

2: Is Caliban (or whatever the system you should be in) Kilrathi space?

3: Is Caliban (or whatever the system you should be in) the second nebula, or the asteroid belt?

Yes, Catscratch died in the book, although he got killed when the Lexington was destroyed, instead of due to a stupid move brought on by Maniac's foolish advice.

No, he didn't, as the Lexington is not destroyed in the book. It's disabled -- which is something you can also do in the game (try leeching her -- you get a different cutscene).

1: After Ariel, what system do you jump into if you win the Ariel campaign? Caliban, right?

2: Is Caliban (or whatever the system you should be in) Kilrathi space?

3: Is Caliban (or whatever the system you should be in) the second nebula, or the asteroid belt?

Yes, winning Ariel brings you to Caliban. Caliban is (per the novel) a Confederation held system. It's the second nebula (though it's the *same* nebula, just a different star). Delius is the asteroid series.

You're right, my bad. For some reason I always remember Blair's internal turmoil over destroying the Lex and somehow it mnemonically connects to the destruction of the Lexington.

Thanks for the info, LOAF. Turns out watching the next series of footage answered my questions, but thanks anyway.

I am making most of the goody-two-shoes choices for my version of the movie. I just see Blair is a reserved, honorable man who's honestly just trying to do his duty. So he doesn't fly off the handle and he doesn't toot his own horn, so to speak. He does deck Paladin, because you guys said that's canon and it doesn't seem THAT out of character for him. But he knows the risk of going after Hobbes or getting drunk when your on duty. Those are both career-ending decisions that in the real military, would probably get you thrown out of the service. So is assualting a superior officer, but they're old friends.

Also, I hope you guys like cheesy wipes, because my version is loaded with them! Haha.

I am far as the scene where Hobbes kills Cobra. Also got a deleted scenes side-project which is just the scenes and most of the snippets I am not using piled into one disjointed project.

I did on my first play on an impulse, but I am much more impulsive than I see Blair to be.

Had Eisen ordered him NOT to go, that would be differant. But dereliction of duty doesn't become The Heart of the Tiger if you ask me.

Back