The WC3 'Heart Of The Tiger' Movie Project

Finally watched the first part of the movie, looked great and enjoyed the story. Though I suggest some scene transitions inserted rather than the usual "walk-through-elevator" scene. Also your in-game sequences seemed to be recorded from a chase camera most of the time. More first-person view is needed.

None the less it was great watching it.

Don said:
Finally watched the first part of the movie, looked great and enjoyed the story. Though I suggest some scene transitions inserted rather than the usual "walk-through-elevator" scene. Also your in-game sequences seemed to be recorded from a chase camera most of the time. More first-person view is needed.

None the less it was great watching it.

Cool, Thanks Don I'll keep that stuff in mind :)

Queeg said:
Cool, Thanks Don I'll keep that stuff in mind :)

I was thinking of downloading it, but then it occured to me that maybe I should check and see whether or not you made any significant changes since the version that I downloaded a few weeks ago... Do I need to download it again Queeg?

AD said:
I was thinking of downloading it, but then it occured to me that maybe I should check and see whether or not you made any significant changes since the version that I downloaded a few weeks ago... Do I need to download it again Queeg?

No its the exact same version.

ChrisReid said:
And will you still be making improvements based on this feedback?

To be honest I have lost interest in continuing the project and I don't think any improvements will be made.

Skipped through some of the third part. You seem to have taken a lot of wrong moves. Going after Hobbes, flying drunk, ect. I can see doing one of those things, but both? Blair comes off as a shelfess, jaded jerk...

Beckmen said:
Blair comes off as a shelfess, jaded jerk...

Who's to say he isn't. The fact that you don't like those choices tells us more about you really. There's actually a strong case to be made for Blair being the absolute moral hero we like to think of him as sometimes. Blair has a stong sense of duty but also acts impulsively on his emotions. I think WC3 gives you the option to punch paladin yet the official line is that Blair *does* punch paladin. He sais he did in WC4, for example, when talking to Sosa.

There's also the matter of his actions and attitude towards Tolwyn in WC2. In the movie He's prepared to abandon Humanity on a selfish whim when angels Fighter is destroyed. LOAF also has a number of pointed arguments *for* the Admiral ending for WC4.

You make some interesting points. But I still think Blair is more controlled. Then again, I only have played Secret Missions, III and IV...

The video isn't that good. I wonder if I could make my own movie with the 3DO footage, which is better, right? My main problems are A: Sucking at the game and B: when I import stuff into my computer, there is a weird sound delay thing. It's not there for once you play back the footage, only when it's capturing...

Beckmen said:
You make some interesting points. But I still think Blair is more controlled. Then again, I only have played Secret Missions, III and IV...

The video isn't that good. I wonder if I could make my own movie with the 3DO footage, which is better, right? My main problems are A: Sucking at the game and B: when I import stuff into my computer, there is a weird sound delay thing. It's not there for once you play back the footage, only when it's capturing...

The video is of better quality than the PC version in the 3D0 edition but currently we don't have a way to extract the raw video so you are still stuck with jery rigging up some kind of video capture solution.

I guess Blair did come off as a Jerk but it would be a little predictable and not as interesting if he made all the 'nice' decisions. Well thats what I thought.

AD said:
I think WC3 gives you the option to punch paladin yet the official line is that Blair *does* punch paladin. He sais he did in WC4, for example, when talking to Sosa.

That line when he talks to Sosa happens if he let's Catscrash dies. Does he?

Delance said:
That line when he talks to Sosa happens if he let's Catscrash dies. Does he?

No, the line happens when Blair tries to rescues Catscratch but fails. If you just let him die Sosa is just pissed at Blair. Does catscratch die? Yes. I believe it's that way in the novel. For added reasons why I say that though, check out the commentary track on my last Music Video.

I am toying with making my own version with the 3DO footage. I found a debug mode where I can view movies at my whim. Problem is, there will be no gameplay. Simply recording the space battles is too boring.

I am screwing around with the clips right now. Making Blair do both or some of the branching points just to for, all in the same cutscene. So I move lines around and stuff. It seems to be working pretty cool.

Of course, like all projects on this board: don't get your hopes up. Not sure I will ever complete it.

Beckmen said:
I am toying with making my own version with the 3DO footage. I found a debug mode where I can view movies at my whim. Problem is, there will be no gameplay. Simply recording the space battles is too boring.

I am screwing around with the clips right now. Making Blair do both or some of the branching points just to for, all in the same cutscene. So I move lines around and stuff. It seems to be working pretty cool.

Of course, like all projects on this board: don't get your hopes up. Not sure I will ever complete it.

How are you recording the footage? Using a VCR or Capture card? Using and emulator and Fraps?

Myself (a true beginner in the field of hacking and reverse engineering) and another more talented individual who is pretty much dedicated to the task of reverse engineering are working on extracting/ figuring out how to play both the 3DO and PSX wc3 video formats. I hope the task bares fruit. Converting the raw video files a la HCLs wc movie viewer is something I've been wanting to be able to do for a while.

The PSX version actually has pretty bad video and HORRIBLE loading time, which is why I never got it. The 3DO version is really good for loading, and the video is as far as I know, the best out there.

I am importing the video via S-Video using a video capture card. The sound is mono, though. Can't find a way around that. I had the first 22 minutes edited, but then I scrapped it because the audio was up to high and causing massive distortion in some scenes (most notably the breifing scenes). So I am back to square one, capturing the video again, this time at a lower audio settings.

I'll try and keep you updated as far as progress goes. But like I said, there won't be any in-game footage. Maybe somebody could handle that part and use my FMV with their game footage from the PC game. It would be cooler to have pre-rendered CG scenes of the missions, though (or even footage from one of the many mods). I think that's a pipe dream, though.

PS: Not only can I watch the FMV at will, but I can also watch the small vids from the VDU, so I can always provide those if somebody wants to use my footage to make a better-rounded version...

AD said:
No, the line happens when Blair tries to rescues Catscratch but fails. If you just let him die Sosa is just pissed at Blair. Does catscratch die? Yes. I believe it's that way in the novel. For added reasons why I say that though, check out the commentary track on my last Music Video.

I think Catscrasch's destiny is left open, so there's no reason to assume he did bite the dust.

Back