The WC3 'Heart Of The Tiger' Movie Project

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
Raptor_Pilot said:
when i use the other link it keeps timing out...
Does it download any of it before timing out? If so, why arent you using a download manager so you can resume downloading from the point where it stopped. Even if it happens twenty times. you should at least have a complete file to show for all your trouble.
 

Lazy Panda

Spaceman
Haven't heard from that project in a while, I hope it gets finished, 'cuz I really liked those demo videos. Not exactly a guide for ideal solution, but it's made to look spectacular, which it sure is.
 

Raptor_Pilot

Rear Admiral
FINALLY SAW MOVIE!!!

It was good, but I was a little thrown off by some of the battle scenes. There were times when it seemed Blair kills a cap ship with a single missle hit. I must say the most exciting part of the battle scenes was when he goes in for a strafing run on a capship with the turrets pouring hot death and enemy fighters right on his tail. Also, you have a couple parts where the deck chief talks about the ship Blair is about to use, gives a little description and whatnot. In my opinion, some more of those and less of the takeoff scenes would give a little more insight into the ships for the uneducated. But otherwise the movie was really good. And when Vagabond punched that doctor guy and said 'long time no see' that was classic!

Good show all around. Great job.

P.S. It was nice how you told us where each jump went instead of trying to guess by the dialouge. As far as the battle scenes go, however the two Behemoth scenes rocked, I was sitting right up against the monitor yelling 'Get those damn ____ers!, and also "I don't believe they did that. Those ____ing Kilrathi!" when the Behemoth was taken out. Oh well, too bad for Tolwyn's little toy gun.

EDIT: Also I re-read AD's earlier post, and it reminded me of the whole flying through the sides of ships thing, it was wierd but since the viewer knows its a video game, it doesn't throw it off too much, just a little 'what the hell?' every now and then. Also don't be afraid to show more of the cockpit view, the displays and stuff can be seen well enough to make them look good in the movie. And killing Thrakhath (sp) that quickly was funny, but a little bit of a letdown. I expected a big fight between the two, a clash of titans so to speak.

Anyway, that's all I can think of now. I'll watch it again tomorrow and see if anything else stands out.

Thanks for letting me watch and comment.
 

Queeg

Rear Admiral
awsome Raptor Pilot! I'm glad you finally got to see it :D. And Thank You for all the nice thing's you said it sounds like you really quite enjoyed it.

Unfortunately I've gotten kind of stuck with the project, fraps doesn't work and the trial on camtasia studio has run out. Advice anyone?
 

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
Queeg said:
Unfortunately I've gotten kind of stuck with the project, fraps doesn't work...
In which way does it not work? Are you using the dos version in XP under dosbox or Kilrathi saga? The new version of dosbox has it's own video capture built in. And, if all else fails, then your VCR method could be used as a last resort.
 

Queeg

Rear Admiral
AD said:
In which way does it not work? Are you using the dos version in XP under dosbox or Kilrathi saga? The new version of dosbox has it's own video capture built in. And, if all else fails, then your VCR method could be used as a last resort.
I don't use dosbox, that ran my wing commander too slow. I've been using windows virtual pc. Fraps just locks up.
 

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
Queeg said:
I don't use dosbox, that ran my wing commander too slow. I've been using windows virtual pc. Fraps just locks up.
How fast is your PC? 0.65 is pretty stable now with dynamic core enabled which should allow you to run wc3 smoothly on lower end PCs. I'm not familiar with "windows virtual PC" though.
 

Queeg

Rear Admiral
AD said:
How fast is your PC? 0.65 is pretty stable now with dynamic core enabled which should allow you to run wc3 smoothly on lower end PCs. I'm not familiar with "windows virtual PC" though.
Er well my processor is sempron 2400+ (1.67ghz), i have 768mb of ram is that makes much difference, the only other thing that could be worth mentioning is my graphics card is radeon 9600
 

Don

Rear Admiral
Raptor_Pilot said:
FINALLY SAW MOVIE!!!

It was good, but I was a little thrown off by some of the battle scenes. There were times when it seemed Blair kills a cap ship with a single missle hit. I must say the most exciting part of the battle scenes was when he goes in for a strafing run on a capship with the turrets pouring hot death and enemy fighters right on his tail. Also, you have a couple parts where the deck chief talks about the ship Blair is about to use, gives a little description and whatnot. In my opinion, some more of those and less of the takeoff scenes would give a little more insight into the ships for the uneducated. But otherwise the movie was really good. And when Vagabond punched that doctor guy and said 'long time no see' that was classic!

Good show all around. Great job.

P.S. It was nice how you told us where each jump went instead of trying to guess by the dialouge. As far as the battle scenes go, however the two Behemoth scenes rocked, I was sitting right up against the monitor yelling 'Get those damn ____ers!, and also "I don't believe they did that. Those ____ing Kilrathi!" when the Behemoth was taken out. Oh well, too bad for Tolwyn's little toy gun.

EDIT: Also I re-read AD's earlier post, and it reminded me of the whole flying through the sides of ships thing, it was wierd but since the viewer knows its a video game, it doesn't throw it off too much, just a little 'what the hell?' every now and then. Also don't be afraid to show more of the cockpit view, the displays and stuff can be seen well enough to make them look good in the movie. And killing Thrakhath (sp) that quickly was funny, but a little bit of a letdown. I expected a big fight between the two, a clash of titans so to speak.

Anyway, that's all I can think of now. I'll watch it again tomorrow and see if anything else stands out.

Thanks for letting me watch and comment.

Was that THE full movie!? Since when was the full movie posted? (Fade memory):( apologies for being dull
 

Queeg

Rear Admiral
Don said:
Was that THE full movie!? Since when was the full movie posted? (Fade memory):( apologies for being dull
don't worry the whole movie has not been posted, it was sent to 2 people to see if it was ready.
 

Queeg

Rear Admiral
i got my family to watch it too but they aren't into wing commander so can't get much of an opinion out of them
 
Top